210 Berger Classic Hunter

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
Need some advise here. I’ve got a fairly picky simi custom rifle that I’ve shot 6 or so factory rounds through and can’t get a decent group out of (2ish Moa but that’s a whole different story). I found a load with 199 gr Hammer Hunters pushing 3150 fps that shoots about .5-.75 Moa out of that same rifle. This last weekend I was tied to the house with nothing better to do so I figured I’d try some 210 classic hunters I was able to get my hands on.

Loaded them up and was able to get some really decent 5 round groups pushing 2976 and 3004 fps respectively. I have no experience at all with Berger bullets on elk. I killed a spike bull last year at just over 400 yards last year on a bedded spike with the Hammers and he never got out of his bed.

I’ve seen conflicting reports regarding the terminal performance of the 210’s on elk so I’m curious what experience you guys have. I’d love to use them if they’re effective but have no issues sticking with the 199’s this season if they’re a better fit. Curious what you guys have seen and what your thoughts are. Thanks!