.22 AR clone

I have MP 15-22 and I can empty my 50rd drum without issue with the right ammo. I like copper nosed as it tends to cut down on fouling and I have better results with CCI and Federal. Some .22 burns cleaner than others...clean burning ammo is the key to reliability in 22 AR platform..I also have .22 conversion kit that will drop into any mil spec 556 AR..its OK prefer my S&W.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have shot DPMS and CMMG dedicated 22 uppers. Both are reliable and seem fairly accurate. My daughter can empty a 25 round magazine way too fast.

Last edited:
OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I will look for that M&P, thx for the info.

Im sure they want an arm and leg for those M&P ARs but probably the same price as the plastic MP5 clone.... Im thinking metal even though i like Glocks.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I have shot DPMS and CMMG dedicated 22 uppers. Both are reliable and seem fairly accurate. My daughter can empty a 25 round magazine way too fast.
I thought about it but my AR has a 20” heavy bull barrel so not the best for smaller women shooters to start out.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Nordic Components makes an upper that you can just slap on your AR lower. I've heard that they run reliably. This is the route I plan on going to have a rimfire 3 gun practice AR.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I thought about it but my AR has a 20” heavy bull barrel so not the best for smaller women shooters to start out.

Just an FYI, I was not talking about a conversion kit for use in your existing 223/5.56 upper (no experience with that) but a complete upper, similar to the one linked by @kharb22, that you would attach to your existing lower. You can pretty much get any barrel weight and length you want (as long as the configuration would be legal in your location).

Nordic Components makes an upper that you can just slap on your AR lower. I've heard that they run reliably. This is the route I plan on going to have a rimfire 3 gun practice AR.

These work ok..biggest issue I have seen is the mags are usually proprietary to the manufacture, ie expensive and hard to find, and sometimes they work great other times no so much...YMMV.

Laramie

WKR
I have the M&P. READ the instructions. There are several .22 ammo brands that do not shoot well in it. They list clearly what works well and what doesn't in the instructions. If you shoot their recommended ammo, it will rapid fire cycle through a pile of rounds without jamming. Of course I tried a cheaper round just to see and sure enough, they jammed frequently.

Overall I love the gun, how easy it is to disassemble, and how solid it feels.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR

Interesting i will check it out, thanks and thx to bakpacker

20190918_204514.jpg

I built my daughter a 22LR AR pistol with an Aero Precision lower and a CMMG complete upper. It has the RediMag adapter to use 15-22 mags.

Eats anything, shoots as fast as you can pull the LaRue MBT Trigger in it. Has a Trijicon MRO for an optic.

B23

WKR
I bought a M&P 15-22 w/adj stock a few years ago just to mess around with. I was told the trigger in them was pretty bad which it was but once I fixed that it has been a great little gun and a lot of fun to shoot.

matt77

FNG
I like the M&P 15-22 to go out and mess around with and get a lot of shot in for not much $. For accuracy and plinking at any distance I like the 10/22 much more. Both will eat bulk ammo but my 10/22 might be a little more picky