22 CO Mule Deer Points

My dad is sitting on 22 Mule Deer points for Colorado and we're trying to figure out where he should spend them. He wants to do late season hunt (4th maybe 3rd rifle). At this point I'm thinking maybe one of the NW Corner units (2, 201), or maybe 66/ 67. But we're open to suggestions

We live in MN so we'll probably come out a few days early to scout. Not worried about score, he just wants to get a nice buck

Thanks

street

WKR
Burn them next year IMO. This is the first year of the later season structure. Quality and quantity is gonna go down from here.

OP
JPeters218
He’s got 20 or 21 elk points that he’s gonna cash in next year. Probably on 61. So the mule deer would be 2022 at the soonest

Wapiti1

WKR
The CWD management plan is to kill off a lot of bucks and increase the buck to doe ratio. Limit the bucks traveling long distances to find does to breed and spread CWD. At least that is the theory behind the move.

Definitely burn them next year and do elk the year after.

Jeremy

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
He won’t draw 2 and 201 and I bet 66 3rd will see a huge jump in points next year with the new dates. Probably draw 67 3rd, but haven’t been hearing good things about it lately. I agree with the above statement, use the deer points next year and elk the year after.

OP
JPeters218
He won’t draw 2 and 201 and I bet 66 3rd will see a huge jump in points next year with the new dates. Probably draw 67 3rd, but haven’t been hearing good things about it lately. I agree with the above statement, use the deer points next year and elk the year after.

I haven’t seen what it took to draw unit 2 3rd season this year, but it looks like it was only taking 21 pts the last few years.
And yea I’ve been hearing similar things about 67

Your dad should be fine applying for a mulie buck tag in 2 years.. there will likely be quite a few guys using their points next year so he may be able to draw a better tag in 2 years