22 Mag Meat Shelf?

JES

FNG
I have the latest version of the 22 Mag and was curious if I needed any additional items to use the meat shelf. I looked at setting it up, but wasn't able to fully figure it out, so it made me think I needed to buy some additional clips or something to make it work.

Anyone have experience with this pack that can help me out with a little guidance?

Thanks

Last edited:

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
The only thing that changes is where the load lifters attach... when you switch to the load shelf, the load lifters attach to the frame and not the pack... can’t remember if I had to add a couple of buckles or not.

SLM

FNG
The metal buckles on the “loose end” of the load shelf have to attach to bottom of the frame to the plastic buckle. I used 2 straps from the guide lid compression straps to attach to the load shelf and frame, this allows you to adjust the height of the load shelf. IMO, the load shelf is a pain in the ass, I like the SG meat shelf a lot better. I will try to get pics when I’m home in a couple days.

Last edited:

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Like mentioned above the metal clips slide through the plastic loops on the bottom of the frame. Last time I hauled salt I just left the bottom of the bag attached as you normally would and wedged the load between the bag and frame. Seemed to work just as well as the meat shelf.

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
Like mentioned above the metal clips slide through the plastic loops on the bottom of the frame. Last time I hauled salt I just left the bottom of the bag attached as you normally would and wedged the load between the bag and frame. Seemed to work just as well as the meat shelf.
I do the same and leave the meat shelf attached to the frame about the middle of the frame. Works much better that way IMHO. Keeps the load where I like it.

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
I do the same and leave the meat shelf attached to the frame about the middle of the frame. Works much better that way IMHO. Keeps the load where I like it.
Do you have the tactical frame then? The duplex light only has attachment points at the bottom so I don't even have the meat shelf attached.