22 pistol that isn't a POS

T28w

WKR
I got a Ruger mk II with bull barrel when I was 12. It was my grandads and not a new gun when I got it 23 years ago. I bet it has had at least 50,000 rounds thru it with little to zero issues. I haven’t shot it much lately but when I was young I would shoot thru a box of 550 shells once a week.

Would not get rid of it for any amount of money and will pass it on to my kids.

Ok so here is the skinny....

I have owned a lot of .22 pistols.

I went the walther route, then I went the s&W route then I went the ruger route, then I went the browning route.

There is no better pistol for reliability than the browning 1911-22.

I have literally fired thousands upon thousands of rounds through this pistol without failure.

You wont regret the purchase.

sram9102

WKR
Buy a ruger. MK4 if you want it to be easy to disassemble. Be happy with your decision until your kids are happy you gave it to them. I have a MK II my grandpa gave me 15 years ago. Still rough on the squirrels at 30+ years old.

87TT

WKR
I have a few too, I had a MkII Ruger that belonged to my late Father in law, I loaned to my son and he still has it. I think there must have bee a miscommunication as he thinks it's his now. Haha. I have a S&W K frame 2" that feels just like a .38 and shoots well for a 2". My favorite .22 is the Ruger Single six. with the .22 mag cylinder. A bit heavy but fun to shoot. I also inherited a cool little gun from my late Bro in law. It's a single shot .22 that was made by Sheridan the BB gun people.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
A few years back I bought SW 617 10-shot. It is my favorite and most used 22 pistol and the one I introduce shooters to handguns with. It is built on a k frame the same as a 357 so it is a tank. Heirloom quality. It was 2x the price of the sig, but my grand kids will be shooting this thing. I picked up a few speed loaders and a holster and just bang away. The 317 wasn’t an option when I bought this but I might have gone that route if it was. You definitely don’t need the k frame or it’s weight for a 22lr. Mine is a range picker. If I were going to carry this around a lot, I would go with the lighter gun.

I keep an eye out for the old six-shot versions, they're really fantastic guns.

Rob5589

WKR
The S&W 41 is a beautiful, accurate pistol. The trigger is outstanding. A friend had one, just loved shooting it. The Ruger Single Six is also a great gun and will last forever. We have a couple of those as well. One is a 3 screw, unconverted, with genuine stag grips. It is a real beauty.

OP
TauPhi111

TauPhi111

WKR
Ok so here is the skinny....

I have owned a lot of .22 pistols.

I went the walther route, then I went the s&W route then I went the ruger route, then I went the browning route.

There is no better pistol for reliability than the browning 1911-22.

I have literally fired thousands upon thousands of rounds through this pistol without failure.

You wont regret the purchase.
Never really considered those but i looked online and man some of those are pretty guns. That might be my choice right there.

If you are willing to try something other than what you have listed above, I absolutely love my Browning Buckmark. It is extremely accurate and I’ve never once had a problem. Even when I run cheap ammo. Good luck with your decision.
What he said

I've been happy with my old Rugers, not cheap but not expensive. To me 22 pistol and Ruger go together about like peanut butter and jelly. I've got a 22/45 Light and an old Single Six. The 22/45 light is great for packing for blue grouse opportunities while elk or mule deer hunting...also great for kids as its light. Its too light and whippy for a range gun (though I suspect plenty accurate if you can due your part).

That said I've been impressed with the Browning Buckmarks I've shot and the old High Standard's as well.....

QK1gOCV.jpg

Agross

WKR
If you are willing to try something other than what you have listed above, I absolutely love my Browning Buckmark. It is extremely accurate and I’ve never once had a problem. Even when I run cheap ammo. Good luck with your decision.
I have been looking into getting one of these Probably will within the next few weeks My buddy has one and loves it

OP
TauPhi111

TauPhi111

WKR
victory.
IMG_0113_zpszxrbmdq0.jpg

sr22
IMG_7198_zpsigrkkmiq.jpg

IMG_5990_zps3ddokby6.jpg

buckmark black label
IMG_7132_zpsb2buabck.jpg

IMG_6879_zpsioqvd9q4.jpg

smith 34
IMG_6298_zpsxmbo6q0v.jpg

smith 63

colt Huntsman
IMG_4008_zps55e43be3.jpg

browning black label 1911-22
IMG_2665_zps12d81bb4.jpg

1911-22 compact

1st Woodsman Sport
IMG_1213.jpg

another 1st Sport
IMG_0140.jpg

Colt Peacemaker

Colt New Frontier
This is an impressive reply!

zpooch

Lil-Rokslider
I run a Ruger SR 22 and love it. Have had zero issues with any ammo and it's quite accurate