22 trainer - T1x vs 10/22 with bull barrel

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
How much time per day are you currently dry firing? How many centerfire rounds are you currently shooting per year (and what cartridges)? What's your current workout routine?

I think you need to be more focused on what you are actually "training", and better define your goals and associated timelines to reach those goals. If you want to work on building solid positions on the clock, a DFAT (or similar) and Triggercam will likely be a far better investment.

Dry fire is your skills acquisition, and can be used for, target acquisition, sight picture/sight alignment, NPA, controls manipulation (rifle, scope, tripod, etc), trigger control, positional build-and-break (bone support/muscle relaxation), developing/analyzing pre-fire & post-fire checklists, etc.

Buying a plinking/fun gun isn't training. If you want a plinking/fun gun, buy it - but you aren't training. The only thing different between dry fire and live fire is recoil. You can literally "train" everything other than recoil management/follow through at your house for free. You need to put in the time though. A new rifle or widget won't make you any better if you are not already putting in the time with what you have available.
Buying a dfat or trigger cam isnt training. If you want a dfat or trigger cam buy it, but you arent training.
Using it is. Like using a rifle and ammo you bought is training. Guys should spend time afield actually shooting before trying to buy their way to results with high tech gadgets the industry convinced them they need.

For training, and fun, I shoot a .22 B14r. My hunting rifle is a Rem 7mag. They have scopes with the same reticle and but a little different objective and magnification.
The .22 is plenty of fun and I feel like my skills are better than a year ago.