……

6.5x284

WKR
I’d look at a Slik 624 personally. I see lots of the 1204 series on S&S but not sure if any fit what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I run a slik 634 and a slik 824.
From a seated position the 634 is adequate for my kowa 884 spotter.
The 824 is a beast but still relatively light weight.
Pick your poison.........

slatty

WKR
I have a heavy meopta 82mm hd spotter and the slik 634 holds it just fine. It's for my use, which is for using while hunting. I don't go out just glassing for days during preseason. I sit down and glass with my scope when I need to and the tripod holds that scope just fine. Well enough to take digiscoping videos for my kids, even in high winds.

6.5x284

WKR
Only real concerns at this point with the Sliks is the lower weight ratings.
I was told by a buddy who researched the heck out of tripods is to buy a tripod that has a weight rating that only uses 33% of what you actually plan on running on it to cut wind and vibrations right down.

634 is quite lightweight with a 7lb rating.
734 increases that by a small margin but I’m looking at 3lbs.

Narrowed it down to the Sirui ST-124 (2.64lb). Other option with a bit more cost and weight will be the W-1204.
I hear you for heavy rifles on a tripod. Ive ran a BTX w/ 95mm spotter on my 624 without any issues. Even does well in wind. As long as you are at a sitting height (what I got it for) then you're good to go. Anything above sitting, I'd absolutely recommend that same advice. I run a Feisol 3342 for my standing tripod and shooting for PRS/NRL/gopher shooting (55lb load rating, 2.27 lbs).