223 Bolt Action for Practice- TC Venture??

BCD

WKR
Hi All-

I'm looking for an inexpensive 223 for practice. I plan on putting an SWFA scope on it similar to my XBolt HC Speed in 300 WSM. I was originally looking at a Savage Axis or Ruger American but some of the reviews aren't great so now I'm wavering. I will say that my son has an Axis in 243 that shoots fantastic but it is lacking in some ways for sure. I'm curious as to people's thoughts on the TC Venture in 223 for a plinker?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

cmahoney

WKR
I have a TC Icon .243 that I purchased about 10 years ago. I hadn’t even looked at TC bolt guns prior, but I got it for an awesome price from someone who won it at a dinner. It’s a great rifle, shoots 3/4 minute groups no problem and has a very good factory trigger.

If the current Venture models are similar I think they are a great value and a level above the cheap bolt rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BCD
I got a mossberg mvp for sale where you located at I’m in Colorado and don’t want to deal with trying to ship a rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Ruger Americans are twisted 1:8 and have been proven to out shoot their price tag. Next option would be a Tikka IMO.