223 bullet recomendation

Pgohil

WKR
AR - 223 wylde barrel 16" 1:8 twist

Been using the barnes tsx 70gr with meh results accuracy wise. Runs right at 1-1.25MOA most days. Have not had a chance to try them on any game
With barnes is short supply, I'm looking for a new bullet. I prefer to stay in the 60 to 70 grain range, terminal performance and accuracy are key out to 500 yards.

Not looking for an over-the-top expensive bullet, but must be a decent supply available even in these stupid times.

Lapua brass federal 205 primers and AR comp powder.

Recomendation?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
I'm sure the TMK's will shoot great, but that bullet is not recommended for hunting applications as it tends to pencil through without expanding. If my understanding is wrong, please enlighten me.

amassi

WKR

woods89

WKR
I'm sure the TMK's will shoot great, but that bullet is not recommended for hunting applications as it tends to pencil through without expanding. If my understanding is wrong, please enlighten me.

I think the gentleman above is recommending the .223 for bear ,deer, elk, and moose thread in the firearms section. Lot's of pics posted there. I think you'll find some expansion.........

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
I think the gentleman above is recommending the .223 for bear ,deer, elk, and moose thread in the firearms section. Lot's of pics posted there. I think you'll find some expansion.........
On heavier, more dense animals, sure I can see that. But thin skinned varmints, such as coyotes, I am not comfortable shooting a tmk.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
On heavier, more dense animals, sure I can see that. But thin skinned varmints, such as coyotes, I am not comfortable shooting a tmk.

If you want to save pelts, it’s good idea not to shoot TMK’s.

Jim1187

Lil-Rokslider
Sierra's 63 grain SMP, 65ish grain gameking/changer, Speer's 55-75 grain Golddots work pretty good on deer and coyotes with a reasonable price and usually ready availability. Hornady's 60 SP and HP will get it done too. If coyotes are primary concern vmax's and NBT's haven't disapointed.

wyosam

WKR
Right now it might be more a matter of what you can find, than what you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk