.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
I have found the 77 TMK the easiest heavy .224 to tune bar none, in quite a few rifles
I’ll second that. My experience across 6 guns was also just as good with the 73 ELD. For folks suggesting a separate bullet for practice, I’d suggest using it due to lower cost than the SMK, and closer BC to the TMK.

I’ve found the zero to be within .1-.3 mil in both axes for my rigs.

I zero turrets for the 77 TMK.
For the 73 ELD I simply adjust my windage zero on the turret and already have the elevation offset for zero set in the profile for the ballistics calculator. That means all I have to remember is to adjust the windage turret.

I can optionally adjust the elevation turret, but I usually don’t bother since this is practice and practically all shots are ranged and calculated anyway.

SouthPaw

WKR
I’ll second that. My experience across 6 guns was also just as good with the 73 ELD. For folks suggesting a separate bullet for practice, I’d suggest using it due to lower cost than the SMK, and closer BC to the TMK.

I’ve found the zero to be within .1-.3 mil in both axes for my rigs.
I've found this to also be true. The 75eldm did not work out for my tikka 1:8 but I practice at 600ft elevation. The 73eldm has been great as a practice bullet, and I have an accurate load for 77tmk for this hunting season. Interestingly, the 73eldm has a very slightly better BC than the 77tmk (AB data) and I'm getting an extra 80fps with it over the TMK.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
I've found this to also be true. The 75eldm did not work out for my tikka 1:8 but I practice at 600ft elevation. The 73eldm has been great as a practice bullet, and I have an accurate load for 77tmk for this hunting season. Interestingly, the 73eldm has a very slightly better BC than the 77tmk (AB data) and I'm getting an extra 80fps with it over the TMK.
I really wanted the 75 ELDs to work too and I spent way too much time and money on them. the 73s just don't seem to care about the gun, chamber/seating depth at all. My go-to, non finicky, precision load for 223/5.56 is the 73 ELD with basically any primer and any amount of Varget.
And yeah, definitely faster.

Where can a fella find the AB data?

amassi

WKR
I really wanted the 75 ELDs to work too and I spent way too much time and money on them. the 73s just don't seem to care about the gun, chamber/seating depth at all. My go-to, non finicky, precision load for 223/5.56 is the 73 ELD with basically any primer and any amount of Varget.

There's a book or an app. The app updates every time a new bullet is added to the library

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stu

Lawnboi

WKR

The AB app is worth the 30 bucks.

I found it much more accurate than sierras data.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
There's a book or an app. The app updates every time a new bullet is added to the library

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Ha, I have the app. Just dug into the listed BCs in the library that i already have set up. No wonder they seem to drop so similarly. Doh!

Guess that shows how much I use my Vortex Fury IIs with applied ballistics these days instead. Thanks @Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Yeah, I’m all about it. No complaints. Wish the ballistics solution came up a little faster, but that’s splitting hairs I reckon.

Nah, it is a bit slow to pop up, but given all around usability, it’s solid I think.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
Nah, it is a bit slow to pop up, but given all around usability, it’s solid I think.
I don’t own any of its competitors to compare to, but have been using it for a little over a year now. I’m happy with the glass, really like the continuous scanning/ranging, and was surprised at how easy and quick it is to get a windage calculation when there’s time. That’s a feature I figured I’d never use.

I spent the last week reading all 91 pages. The only thing I find hard to believe is the post regarding the malfunctioning SWFA 1-6 :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:

BLJ

WKR
Any velocity numbers from a 16” barrel with 8208 XBR? LGS got some in and may give it a go. I’m at 2470 with Varget now. I’d like to do a little better than that. Thanks.