223 Projectile, High B.C., Short BTO?

Lawnboi

WKR
DD62C31F-B514-45E7-9534-F42503F81C4D.jpeg75 eldm turned on for me after the barrel chop. I ended up buying a bunch more and shooting a bunch of prairie dogs with them. 75 eldm are going to be my summer bullet, I’m worried about stability in sub zero temps. After the chop I did a rough zero and shot the above group at 400 with the exact 75eldm load I had from prior to the chop and suppressor. Can’t argue with that.

I also grabbed a ten round waters rifleman mag and may shoot my 223 for a match, depending how it goes, otherwise I’m loading up 250 75s in the spring to take out for prairie dogs.

I’m curious what I can push them to with Xbr. Xbr was around 100fps faster for me with the 77 tmk. With the 75eldm it should get them moving.

Since the beginning of this thread I also got my proof blank, I don’t know how long this barrel is going to live but I’m ready to go to a wylde chamber when it goes.

Last edited:
OP
ericwh

ericwh

WKR
I don’t know how long this barrel is going to live but I’m ready to go to a wylde chamber when it goes.
The only difference between wylde and rem is the throat, correct? Have you considered using something like the PT&G Uni-throater to custom throat your existing chamber? It is something I've thought about since I only shoot heavies out of this rifle...

I will load 5 elds and 5 rdfs and shoot them at 400 (max distance at local range).