223 reloading

Here’s a load that shows promise in my 1-8” stainless Tikka:

C7E2F4E1-2CB1-47B1-8F20-55B50398A2D2_zpsr6yesqur.jpeg

I’m still fine tuning, but five shots into .75” ain’t bad.

My 1-10” T3 is a one-hole shooter with 26.5 grains of Benchmark and a 50 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint, CCI 400 primers. 3400 fps, my son named the load “Pest Control.”

With a 1-12” you’ll probably max out at 62 grains, though, so the 50 BT should be the ticket. It’s a max load so work up to it.

P

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
i have seen that. Both bolt guns are 8 twist. A Ruger and a Tikka. I put together a mild load with BLC(2) to get them to shoot. I use CCI 450's and BR4's with no difference in that load.i usually have to shoot coyotes twice before they quit twitching.Cheap practice rounds that I can hit steel at 400 yards with.

For everything else 223 and better bullets I use Varget as well.

Why don’t you/other just use Varget for everything? When I picked up the lb’er it was only $5 more then scheels cheapest stuff.

Sodbuster

WKR
Why don’t you/other just use Varget for everything? When I picked up the lb’er it was only $5 more then scheels cheapest stuff.

Only because at the time I was buying bulk BLC was available first. Found a descent load with the Hornady's and will burn those bullets with that powder till it is gone..Currently I have a lot more Varget and use it for more serious loadings.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Are you familiar with shootersproshop.com? They sell Nosler factory seconds, usually at BOGO prices. They’re all I buy.

I am and didn’t even think about checking it, thanks for the reminder.