.224 Valkyrie Barrel

cmahoney

WKR
I’m putting together a .224 Valkyrie AR. Looking for recommendations on a heavy 22-24” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

WKR
i have a rainier arms ultramatch 24" 7.5 twist on mine (mega mkm upper/lower/handguard). lots of first shot hits out to 800 at a couple of prs/gas gun matches using factory hornady 88 eldm. while some will say the twist rate is too slow, rainier says it works fine at higher velocities, which you get out of the 24" barrel, and i agree based on what i've seen.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
My Ballistic Advantage shoots 1/2 MOA in a lightweight. Also hearing good things from EABCO. Thiers were on sale last week and may still be. Top notch house run by rifleman.

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
Thanks, glad to hear about the 7.5 twist. I’m primarily going to use this rifle for coyotes, so I was planning on shooting bullets 80 grains or less. What do you guys think about the bolts matched to the barrels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
I haven’t had an issue with any bolts and I’ve built 14 rifles. The only issue I’ve had is with a firing pin protruding too far and that wasn’t the bolts fault. Pin was out of spec. Excessive headspace does happen on occasion though.