22LR Bergara BMR or Ruger Precision

I've got experience with the RPR (not rimfire) and Bergara HMR (also not rimfire) in the same caliber and the RPR needed a lot less fussing to get it to shoot really well. I just got into the NRL 22 stuff and went with the CZ 457 over the Bergara and Ruger options out there. They are better looking guns that just seem to have a near 100% of them with good accuracy out of the box. I saw you are looking at stuff in stock, but I think Sportsmans will ship store to store for you for free.

CHSD

WKR
That’s the first I’ve heard of that. I have about 400 rounds through my RPRR and my wife’s RAR Target has about 1500 on it (with the same bolt) and we haven’t experienced this. CCI SV and SK Standard Plus, and we ain’t exactly good at keeping them clean. Any idea what was causing the issue?
From what I gather at the 22nrl matches that I have been at, it seemed that the actions were getting dirty and struggling to eject the shell. My buddy was constantly picking them out with the time running with his pocket knife. Not sure exactly why it was happening. Maybe it was some of the first models out that were having the issues. I know of 5 guys personally that had issues and sold their Ruger Precisions because of this issue.

I have heard good things about the RAR Target though. Which is odd to me that the Ruger Precision would have issues but not the Target.

tdhanses

WKR
That’s the first I’ve heard of that. I have about 400 rounds through my RPRR and my wife’s RAR Target has about 1500 on it (with the same bolt) and we haven’t experienced this. CCI SV and SK Standard Plus, and we ain’t exactly good at keeping them clean. Any idea what was causing the issue?
Yeah i have 1000’s through mine without issue, my CA Ranger has an issue a few times each time it goes to the range.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I've got experience with the RPR (not rimfire) and Bergara HMR (also not rimfire) in the same caliber and the RPR needed a lot less fussing to get it to shoot really well. I just got into the NRL 22 stuff and went with the CZ 457 over the Bergara and Ruger options out there. They are better looking guns that just seem to have a near 100% of them with good accuracy out of the box. I saw you are looking at stuff in stock, but I think Sportsmans will ship store to store for you for free.
I can't find a CZ457 available for them to move from store to store. 'tis poopy

tdhanses

WKR
I think if I was to go Bergara i’d go with the B14 since it has a Rem 700 SA footprint, I don’t think the bmr does.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I think if I was to go Bergara i’d go with the B14 since it has a Rem 700 SA footprint, I don’t think the bmr does.
The BMR does not, it is its own guy. She caught me looking for these online and no way in heck would she let me spend $1k on a 22lr

tdhanses

WKR

whaack

WKR
I’ll never forgive Ruger for their anti-2A history. I have a Bergara BMR on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLJ

WKR
The BMR’s are really nice for sure. I’d say they shoot just as well.

BLJ

WKR
My dad has one in a KRG Bravo chassis. It shoots right with Bergara/CZ/RPR. It doesn’t seem to have the aftermarket support of the Bergara or CZ (if that’s a factor for you). But as long as you find ammo the Tikka likes, it will hang with any of the above mentioned.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
My dad has one in a KRG Bravo chassis. It shoots right with Bergara/CZ/RPR. It doesn’t seem to have the aftermarket support of the Bergara or CZ (if that’s a factor for you). But as long as you find ammo the Tikka likes, it will hang with any of the above mentioned.

It takes a normal Tikka rail, correct?