22LR Bergara BMR or Ruger Precision

BLJ

WKR
You can get rails for anything that’s been mentioned. You’ll need a canted rail to get to 300 anyway.
I have 2 10/22’s right now that I would like to trade for Ruger Americans. I just prefer a bolt at this stage for everyone in the family who shoots.
I think the BXR and the 10/22 can do what you want, but it may take some work. I’ve had ejection/extraction issues with the 10/22’s. And I think they need a barrel to keep up. But, initial cost may be less and then you can build what you want. For close to the same money. Just my experience.
I have a friend who has the competition 10/22 and it hammers. With just about any ammo he tries. Have another friend who has a BXR and it can be very finicky with ammo. When it runs, it will keep up with anything. When it runs.
I know I sound bias, and I guess I am to some extent. The Ruger and CZ bolt actions have been good for me.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Maybe I'm misunderstanding which gun your talking about but the Bergara BMRs currently run around $500 and $600 for steel and carbon barrel, respectively.

The quote I quoted was talking about a HMR, then it was further clarified it was the HMR barreled action.

snakeman0987

Lil-Rokslider
Hi, just adding this info to this old thread because I read it when I was making a decision and now I have made a decision and have the choice in hand.

I bet someone else in the same boat will be reading this thread thru the search bar.

I have a CZ 457. I love it. I consider it to be better than any Marlin, or other common bolt action 22lr I've shot.

I needed a left hand trainer for 2 boys.

I picked up 2 of the Bergara B14r steel actions to put in XLR element chassis.

I went with the steel action because of my perceived cheese-i-ness of the removable carbon sleeve on the carbonfiber version I saw thanks to Youtube reviews. Also I saw many comments about suppressors being an issue on the carbon version at least enough to sow doubt.

My first impression is that the trigger and fit and finish are 85-90% as good as the CZ 457.

After having them in hand I know I'll be happier sending them out to be fluted if weight is ever an issue versus the carbon version.