22lr suppressor cgs?

Sled

WKR
I've been looking at a 22 suppressor for years now and finally decided to pick one up. The cgs hydra caught my attention for the lack of FRP and it's consistent precision in testing. They seem like a quality company but I'm always open to other options. The only downside is the lack of paint on the SS model and the aluminum model cleaning will be a pita. Any thoughts?

For 22lr my recommendation is get one that breaks apart and is easy to clean..I went with the Rugged Oculus. It has a short configuration which is great for pistols, goes up 22WM, and its full auto rated so it will take a beating. It cleans easily in my UT cleaner.

Last edited:

B23

WKR
There's quite a few good rimfire suppressors out there. The TBAC 22 Take Down and Dead Air Mask HD are two of the best and you couldn't go wrong with either.

I have a couple older TBAC sealed rimfire suppressors that have been great but they're only rated for up to a 17 HMR. To try something different I bought two Banish 22 suppressors and just received them yesterday but haven't shot them on anything yet. The Banish 22 is supposed to be one of the better rimfire cans. They are very lightweight as well as they're rated for up to a 17/22 Hornet and 5.7x28 but I haven't shot them on anything yet so I'm not sure if their results match the sales pitch I got when I bought them.

FWIW, I wouldn't buy any rimfire suppressor that wasn't rated for use on everything up to and including the 17/22 Hornet and FN 5.7x28 so check the specs before you buy.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
I ended up going with the stainless cgs. It checks all the boxes except the color. I can always wrap it in coban or paint it if the colors bother me enough. Might go with black in the future so I don't have a pride flag on the end of my barrel.

wesfromky

WKR
I went with the Mask - seems to be in the top 1-2 whenever this question was asked in a bunch of places. Now just waiting on that e-form to be approved.

Unlike centerfire suppressors…..rimfire suppressors generally hurt accuracy. See for yourself, shoot at paper targets with and without a suppressor, at 50 and 100 yards.

If your target sizes are relatively large and you prioritize sound reduction, then they’re awesome.

Last edited:
OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
You ever get your hydra in? Just did the paperwork for one. Planning on using it on my t1x

It's sitting in the safe at my SOT next to another 30 cal that's already been approved. I'm guessing it'll be a couple more months. It's ironic all my paper forms were quicker than these last two e-files.

I'll let you know when I get it on the t1x. It should be a real good for the pot gut population around my cabin.

It's sitting in the safe at my SOT next to another 30 cal that's already been approved. I'm guessing it'll be a couple more months. It's ironic all my paper forms were quicker than these last two e-files.

I'll let you know when I get it on the t1x. It should be a real good for the pot gut population around my cabin.
Fyi check the depth specs for your suppressor to the t1x
I can't remember but the tx1 has longer threads then alot.
W my sparrow I had to use a washer.
So I had the barrel cut down and re threaded.

I know id loose the washer is why I went this route.

I was getting baffle strikes before I found out.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check into the depth to verify. I’d read about the sparrow needing a spacer but wasn’t aware of others.

My paper took exactly 12 mos, I’m 3 months into an eform on A 5.56 can

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check into the depth to verify. I’d read about the sparrow needing a spacer but wasn’t aware of others.

My paper took exactly 12 mos, I’m 3 months into an eform on A 5.56 can
Idk it may be just the sparrow.
Its been awhile. But I remember getting the impression the t1x threads are longer then normal.
But I can't remember for sure.

The sparrow and possibly the Thunderbeast takedown are the two I think I need a spacer. Just checked and the hydra is supposed to have the depth to thread on the tikka. I have an email out to Cgs to verify just in case with more exact specs. Rugged mustang, oculus and dead air mask should work too as far as I know.