22lr trainer?

Thinking of ditching the 223 for a 22lr trainer.

I'm thinking of fully divesting from reloading training rounds.

Noise is the biggest reason, also it's a lot easier to set up an informal 200 yard range close to the house. 30 minutes is a lot easier to find time then an afternoon kind of session with the bigger rifles.

Bigstick and his ilk love anschutz 54 actions but honestly if I could run a savage 93 or cz 455 I'd be stoked.

Run my swfa 3-15 and hope it likes cci mini mags or lop poo wuh sk

Anyone go this route?

Jay03

WKR
CZ 455 tacticool in route for this very reason. Plus I have a SilencerCo Spectre II suppressor so the threaded barrel will be nice, and the stock is closer in style to my Manners T4A. Not sure what scope I will toss on it but I'll figure something out. After some research the CZ 455 seemed like the best route for me. Lots of aftermarket goodies for upgrading and switch barrel platform if I want to shoot 22mag for some extra oomph at sage rats.

Ruger American in a LSS......

IMG_3214_zpsk5wqynqn.jpg

IMG_3735_zps2hkvxsht.jpg

bradb

WKR
I put a lilja on my 455, boyds tactical laminate, has a gen 2 razor on it right now. Very fun little gun, very good accuracy, very quite with the suppressor on. Have shot it a bunch to 300

GKPrice

Banned
there are lots of older .22 LR's that make great shooters and trainers too, no need to spend much for one if a person shops - training at a bit longer ranges with a .22 LR is a great way to learn doping wind and trajectory too

OP
N
Been running a cmmg 22lr conversion in the ar15 this week.

Fairly decent accuracy. It's hard though when you get 2 fliers out of 10 that are truly random.

On a side note are any other rigs biathlon convertible besides anschutz? I have a line on a used one for under a grand.

nazca

FNG
I bought a Cz 452 when I was 10 or 12 years old (i'm in my 30's now), and put probably 20-30K rounds through it growing up. It always was, and still is to this day, a tack driver.

At the time there weren't any accessories available for it (not sure if there are now), so I was always a bit jealous of friends' rugers... but once you got out past 50 yards theirs were spraying bullets all over, and mine were still single hole groups.

This was long before fancy scopes (at least within my budget at the time), so 'long-range' shooting was manual hold-over with a plain duplex reticle. You got 'dialed-in' by letting a couple shots go, and then eye-balling windage & holdover. Once you go used to it, you could bomb gophers out to 150 yards.

I bought the CZ 455 Tacticool to fill this role last year. I haven't been too impressed with it thus far. Accuracy is mediocre and it feeds poorly. I need to bed the stock and put the trigger I bought in it yet. I might get an aftermarket barrel but I don't want to dump too much money into it if I cant improve the feeding.

OP
N
Just following this up a little.

Sent a box of sk rifle match to my nephew to run down my Romanian m69 that sits at grandpas.. he texted back iron sight groups at 45 yards you'd cover with a dime.

The finnlander in me wants to turn this 36$ soviet block trainer it a silk purse.

Apparently the optic mounts are non existent for 30mm. Drill and tap or epoxy on a picatinny rail mount?

Thinking a kydex cheek riser and a whole metric shit ton of sk match is in my future.