22n arizona

So my dad drew a 22n arizona late archery elk tag a buddy @KevinMartinez1 and myself will be with him helping glass and find a bull will be down there my question is it worth my time to pick up a bear tag for this area season starts Nov 11. Here in Michigan that's late late for bear I k ow the bear will be out later in Arizona but I'm trying to figure if it's too late I already have a hunting license so would just be charged the bear tag. Obviously elk would be primary but if I have an elk tag in my pack I'll bring the rifle with me. Just hoping to find some information if it's worth my time and money well be glossing the area either way but if I have a chance at a bear I'll bring the gun with me and go out after a bear if we can find one that late

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My outfitter down there in Arizona hunts that unit a lot. He lives right underneath the Mogollon Rim, in Gila County, which is some of the best trophy bear hunting in Arizona. Bears will still be out and about in late November/early December. But, you'll want to call the Phoenix AZG&F office to see where things stand in terms of the quota, before buying an OTC bear tag.