22's Challenge times

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
Haven't worked out in 3 weeks due to an ankle injury. Did my 22's for some light cardio, came in at 30:41. Hopefully I can regain my form next week.

Will_m

WKR
All these times are smoking fast. Either we have some keyboard warriors or the vast majority of you cruising this particular thread are studs. I mean, one guy is injured, did the work out for rehab and came in at 30:41. Looking at you @renagde.

Does anybody else find the volume of the jump squats to be the most taxing?

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
All these times are smoking fast. Either we have some keyboard warriors or the vast majority of you cruising this particular thread are studs. I mean, one guy is injured, did the work out for rehab and came in at 30:41. Looking at you @renagde.

Does anybody else find the volume of the jump squats to be the most taxing?

Usually by the last 1/2 mile sprint I'm almost throwing up and by the time i'm done i'm completely dead. I'll usually be sore for at least 3 days afterward. Probably not very healthy but I've always been one to thrash my body. What can I say i enjoy pain

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
First time I did the 22's workout I thought oh yea, I'll add some weight to the rows, think i started at 20lb dumbbells, quickly was down to 15's, and then threw em all away! Adding the weight is a huge burner for sure.

I've found it to be a super fun workout for work travel when you have limited time and equipment available in a hotel. It's great since it can be done pure bodyweight only so you can take it outside.

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
So, how are you doing the rows then?

You guys are some damn hosses to do this all in less than 30 minutes, or maybe I’m just super out of shape.

If you lookup their video on youtube he goes through everything on how to count each rep and how to do each movement. I think Mtntough claims their "elite athletes" do it with 20lb weights in less then 25 minutes, but my original goal was under 25 minutes without weights, which is the way he does them on the youtube video. Once I hit sub 25 times I'll start adding weights.

Bringing this back up. I did just the pushup and lunges segment this afternoon. That alone took me 21 minutes. Apparently I suck at pushups. I imagine the 1/2 mile sprints wouldn't have been toooo bad, but throwing in another coundown of jump squats and rows? Y'all are crazy.

jmagnumw

Lil-Rokslider
That sounds like an awesome work our I’m going to give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in pretty good shape and do a fair amount lunges, air squats and pushups, so honestly thought this would go pretty good (hahaha :))

I don't sprint at all, so took my time with the 1/2 mile- didn't look at the clock, but guessing 4-5 minutes. The jump lunges kicked my a$$ bad! If they were regular lunges I would have been golden, jump lunges- not so much. The pushups went pretty well (have always been able to do large volume of pushups).

The next 1/2 mile "sprint" was probably a minute slower. I haven't done jump squats before (just regular squats), but these went a little better than the jump lunges, but still kicked my a$$. I haven't done renegade pushups before either, but they went pretty good (no dumbbells).

38:30

definitely room for improvement- could pick up the pace on the 1/2 miles and shave a few minutes there; definitely need to get better w/ jump lunges and jump squats

will revisit this in a couple of weeks

jmez

WKR
That's why the "benchmarks" for MTN fitness are a bit if a joke. Based on what you do on a daily basis, if anyone on this site is MTN/fit or tough it's you. According to the chart you have a good foundation to start.

Definitely a good workout but throw the times and descriptions out the window.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'm going to hop into this one and hopefully can stick with it and see where I end up on Labor day. Won't be able to get to it until Monday, as all my free time is spent doing dirt work at home, but should finish up this weekend and will hit it Monday. I might set a record for longest time to complete haha. Need something to keep me motivated to get in shape for this fall, and this seems like a good way to gauge that, and will give me a way to compete with myself every week. Thanks for bringing this one back Trumpkin

longtail

FNG
I tried this for the first time Today. I did my own variation though. I did 5 sit ups after each set of Jump Lunges and Jump squats. Ive been focusing on 100 sit ups every day and really need to build my leg strength so I figured this would be good to try. Well it definitely should build up your legs. It took me around 35 mins and I didn't do the last 1/2 mile (legs were rubber/jello) So im going to use this is motivation for the next 2 months. HAVE TO FINISH and keep doing it so my legs get stronger! if anybody else is looking for a very challenging burnout workout this is a good one