22's Challenge times

jwatts

WKR
We did it at the gym today. We used 15lb dumbells on the Renegade Rows. I finished in 36:16. We did a lot of lunges the day before, so I attribute some to that. I think it may have knocked me back a few minutes at most though. I need to work on a few things, but plan to hit it again soon.

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
We did it at the gym today. We used 15lb dumbells on the Renegade Rows. I finished in 36:16. We did a lot of lunges the day before, so I attribute some to that. I think it may have knocked me back a few minutes at most though. I need to work on a few things, but plan to hit it again soon.

That's respectable, especially with 15lb dumbells. I'm fighting a bitch of a cold so not sure I'll be able to it this week with my congestions.

Thanks, I was about to ask about counting reps. I would have assumed that 1 squat jump rep = right + left. Also, I've always counted 1 renegade row as right/left/pushup = 1 rep. I was wondering how I'd ever get to 45 minutes, much less 25. Counting each side as 1 will definitely help. Still gonna be super tough.
So what is 1 renegade row? Left+right+ push-up=1? Or left is one, then right is one. That’d be nice.. I’ve been doing the first option and the renegade rows are a killer!

Last edited:
OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
Yeah I've never heard of counting renegade rows like that before but it does save a lot of time! You can get down to 25 min pretty quickly if you do no weight on the renegade rows, count 1 rep per arms, and no pushup. According to them that's all optional. I use 8lb weights right now with the pushup.

aron

WKR
I apparently should have read the comments before doing this workout. I counted a left and right lunge as one rep and same with the renegade rows. I felt like I got my ass handed to me and now I know why.

jwatts

WKR
I apparently should have read the comments before doing this workout. I counted a left and right lunge as one rep and same with the renegade rows. I felt like I got my ass handed to me and now I know why.

I've always counted like you, both legs for one rep on lunges, both arms for one rep on rows. I did see where they said it was per leg for the lunge reps but I guess I missed out on the row part.

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
I have an elementary school by my house with a .2 mile measured track. So I ran it 3 times (.6miles) then did the plyo lunges and pushups swapping out 2 at a time, then ran it twice (.4 miles), then did the squat jumps and rows swapping out 2 at a time with 25# dumbbells. Then ran it 2times and grabbed my phone and sprinted the last 1/2 lap (.5miles) and ended the time. My first 1/5 mile lap time was 1:24 my last one was 1:30 so I was pretty consistent. Stretched out to a 5k it would have been about 2 minutes faster pace than my last timed 5k, but I knew I wasn’t going to have to run that much and went a little faster than I would on a 5k but still slow enough that the runs could be a recovery from the reps. About 10 minutes of running and the rest was the 20/2->2/20 work.

No water breaks, I did stop for about 10 seconds to get my breathing back under control at about 6squats/ 16 rows.

Being a former bike racer and knowing my what it feels like to work at my 20 minute threshold and Doing Camp Gladiator (lots of rows, squats, lunges, running and pushups and I typically wear a 15# weight vest and use 25# dumbbells during those workouts) for the past 2.5 years and training for CG games (age group competitive) and obstacle course races doesn’t hurt. CG games is coming up in July, I will probably add this workout in every few weeks as an indicator of fitness, it’s very challenging and it highlites weak spots (pushups for me)

I’m not gonna say it was easy, far from it, I was still sweating like 45 minutes and a shower later...

I have an elementary school by my house with a .2 mile measured track. So I ran it 3 times (.6miles) then did the plyo lunges and pushups swapping out 2 at a time, then ran it twice (.4 miles), then did the squat jumps and rows swapping out 2 at a time with 25# dumbbells. Then ran it 2times and grabbed my phone and sprinted the last 1/2 lap (.5miles) and ended the time. My first 1/5 mile lap time was 1:24 my last one was 1:30 so I was pretty consistent. Stretched out to a 5k it would have been about 2 minutes faster pace than my last timed 5k, but I knew I wasn’t going to have to run that much and went a little faster than I would on a 5k but still slow enough that the runs could be a recovery from the reps. About 10 minutes of running and the rest was the 20/2->2/20 work.

No water breaks, I did stop for about 10 seconds to get my breathing back under control at about 6squats/ 16 rows.

Being a former bike racer and knowing my what it feels like to work at my 20 minute threshold and Doing Camp Gladiator (lots of rows, squats, lunges, running and pushups and I typically wear a 15# weight vest and use 25# dumbbells during those workouts) for the past 2.5 years and training for CG games (age group competitive) and obstacle course races doesn’t hurt. CG games is coming up in July, I will probably add this workout in every few weeks as an indicator of fitness, it’s very challenging and it highlites weak spots (pushups for me)

I’m not gonna say it was easy, far from it, I was still sweating like 45 minutes and a shower later...
Pretty damn fast! My runs are at about 3:15-3:30 thats where you killed me the most. Honestly went and did the workout today after I saw you posted 22 mins thinking no way! I’m at 31:56 right now. I assume you did pushups with renegade rows? Only asking because people are talking about doing lower weights, opting out of pushups with the rows.

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I did them what what CG would call “easy count” Push-up left-1 right-2 push-up left-3 right-4 so I didn’t tear up the grass, I did them on the asphalt and the damn dumbbells were bouncing which slowed me down until I got the timing and the pressure right when putting them down.

Here’s the CG games event this year: the 22’s is good training:

Kodiak

FNG
I gave it a shot today and got 32:57. The worst part for me was the dang pushups. By the renegades that is was the pushups making me take pauses. Killer workout.

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
I gave it a shot today and got 32:57. The worst part for me was the dang pushups. By the renegades that is was the pushups making me take pauses. Killer workout.

For sure! Im going to try to run it weightless this weekend and come up with a time to beat while I travel in the next month. Everyone has a weakness, might be legs, might be arms or shoulders.... but its there... and those 16, 18, 20 rounds are always tough.