23 and 26A closed affect?

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering how closing 23 and 26A will impact other areas. Mainly The 40 mile hunt and Dalton hwy hunt. I am not sure just how many hunters this will affect. Will this increase hunter numbers in other areas? If so just what kind of estimate would you expect?

I would expect no increase. Relatively speaking, there are very few nonlocal hunters that hunt 23 annually. Very few residents hunt 23 so nothing noticeable there. Most NR have decided on 23 b/c they didn't want to deal with Dalton corridor so nothing to worry there. The transporters for 40 mile country have their doors knocked down and are fully booked closure in 23 or not so nothing there. Another 200 hunters added to the shit show on the Steese and Taylor highways would be a drop in the bucket. I wouldn't expect someone that wants to hunt in 23 would even humor the thought of participating in the Steese and Taylor hunts.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would expect this year to be mostly disappointment from those who decide to cancel their hunt and then next year and beyond the general pop interest will shift to more reliable areas without strife, such as the 40-mile hunt and the road system options. History has taught us to expect some what of a knee-jerk response. More reactive than anything else.

Displacement is a science in itself, so we could theorize what will happen or let the next couple of seasons teach us the course of such things as cause and effect has a tendency to do.

OP
Y

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
I was also wondering if some of the transporters would move their operations to other areas that are open. Not sure if that would even be a option for them.