.243 deer bullet choice

06 SB

FNG
I have killed deer with a 243W/6mmRem with Hornady 100gr, Remington 100gr, Barnes 85gr TSX and 80TTSX. ALL worked perfectly. I generally kept Hornady and corelokts at or just under 3000fps. The Barnes were run 3200 or above.

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Every time this thread comes up I am torn. I want (but not really) there to be one consistent, definitive response. The fact that there are so many bullets recommended means to me that there are many good options. Nevertheless, with my very limited experience with .243 and my irrational thinking about it being marginal no matter what, I want a consensus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S-3 ranch

WKR
I’m a fan of federal blue 100gr & 100gr Remington
My family have all shot .243 on deer and antelope for over 60 years with these two loads flawlessly out of their savage 99’s
Lately I have been shooting Norma 100gr oryx and they are foolproof so far

Floridave

FNG
Every time this thread comes up I am torn. I want (but not really) there to be one consistent, definitive response. The fact that there are so many bullets recommended means to me that there are many good options. Nevertheless, with my very limited experience with .243 and my irrational thinking about it being marginal no matter what, I want a consensus!

The way I think about this and part of what drove me to the 6mm is just that fact that there are SO MANY bullets that seem to work so well. Add the list up and it’s extensive. In my mind that’s just what takes it out of the marginal category. It’s not dependent on one magic bullet to work.