243 Win bullets

I spent all of two minutes on this spreadsheet, so feel free to check my work. The table below is based on the ABLR example that you brought-up.
View attachment 100307

I had to make a few assumptions compiling this data, so it is not entirely representative of what is going on, but you should get the point. All bullets maintained the exact same velocity. As can be seen, the stresses differ significantly (by about 25%). I don't have the details on the nitty-gritty bullet geometry, but based on all information provided by Nosler, the bullets across this marketing line are not proportional by any metric that I see (again feel free to correct me).

Since it is a known fact that material strain is a function of the stresses imposed and the projectiles's modulus of elasticity, and since we can safely assume the materials used in this bullet line are the same for every caliber, we can deduce that material strain will vary. To sum up, equal velocity does not result in equal deformation.

I too will stay out of this thread.....back to .243's

I’ll let the professionals and politicians wield excel spreadsheets afield.

Amateurs such as myself will continue filling freezers with itty bitty .224 bullets.

Daddy

FNG
For store bought ammo I would try some of the brands using "reloading" bullets. Like berger, accubond. These two are my favorite and they are bonded so they do well going through bone

I’ve always used store-bought federal premium with 100g partitions with good luck on deer. Going to try some 85g game king reloads this year that my gun seems to like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhylton

WKR
if your hunting deer under 350 yards with a 243, just pick a box of bullets off the shelf, check to make sure its not a super light varmint or target bullet and go shoot a deer.

that said, ive watched 55gr vmax absolutely destroy a mule deer at 250yds or so.

dont overthink it, just pick something that shoots good and go.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Have shot a 6mm Remington for years, all hand loads. Big believer in speed with this rifle vs heavy for caliber. I moved away from Ballistic tips, they work but too much meat damage. The 95 gr. Berger is like lightning but was tough to tune. My long range varmint days cause me to overthink sub-dime size groups.

I am heading towards lead-free for consumption game so going to try Barnes lrx 95 gr. and 80 gr. ttsx. LRX in 7mm-08 is almost one hole groups but have not used yet on game. Still running my last batch of a-max which has been lights out and better than Berger.

I have heard that 85 gr. partitions work well, just not tried them.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I ended up using Hornady precision hunter 90g eldx factory stuff.

Unreal performance. Having never shot anything with a gun that didn’t start with a 3 i was beyond impressed with what the little 90g eldx did. 5 deer with the bullet so far

Still have some hunting back home before the gun gets a makeover.

I ended up using Hornady precision hunter 90g eldx factory stuff.

Unreal performance. Having never shot anything with a gun that didn’t start with a 3 i was beyond impressed with what the little 90g eldx did. 5 deer with the bullet so far

Still have some hunting back home before the gun gets a makeover.

The 243 is highly underrated by many people. A 95gr or 105gr Berger VLD is a wicked 6mm bullet also.