24hrs in Anchorage

Snow bird cafe for a great breakfast and coffee. Simon and Seaforts for a good seafood dinner, biggest crab legs I’ve ever seen!

I ran a beer truck in anchorage 20-some years ago. Don’t know if they’re all still there but Pioneer, Chilkoot Charlie’s in Spenard (used to be a comedy club across the street), and if you’re desperate, Humpy’s. There was a nice spot just west of downtown that I recall was sleeping lady... cool spot. Koot’s is with the price of admission.

Check out the local gun shops and stay outta Ass Pro and Cabsellas, they even own Sportswhams now.

The Pioneer and Koot’s are still there, and probably always will be. There’s never been a place called Sleeping Lady to my knowledge, but maybe you’re thinking of The Snow Goose? The Snow Goose doesn’t exist anymore but in its place is now 49th State Brewing. It still has the same great views of Sleeping Lady, but much better food and beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pioneer and Koot’s are still there, and probably always will be. There’s never been a place called Sleeping Lady to my knowledge, but maybe you’re thinking of The Snow Goose? The Snow Goose doesn’t exist anymore but in its place is now 49th State Brewing. It still has the same great views of Sleeping Lady, but much better food and beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the one... been a few beers past my brain in the past 20 years :rolleyes:. I worked at Borealis Brewery before they went under... they moved up to brew out of Silver Gulch for a while before SJ pulled the plug. Haven't been back up that way in a while - will have to check out 49th State Brewing next time.