25 Cal Hype

Anyone shooting any of the quarter bore cartridges with the Blackjack 131 ace? Really interested in a 25PRC, 25 creedmoor, or a 25SAUM. I think that would be almost the perfect poison for coyotes til almost elk. Ballistically the 25 creed out of a 24” barrel is better than a 6.5creed according to the guys at Blackjack..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what bullets they are shooting? Im a big fan of the 257wby and 6.5 creed. In my experience the 6.5 bullets outperform the 25s at distance due to better bc etc. Id be curious to hear what bullet they are shooting and what kind of velocity they are getting out of a 25 creed.

.257 Weatherby with 100gr ttsx is my 'one gun' at the moment... don't have the twist for the blackjack, but the quarterbore is here to stay for me.
Hammer bullets might get some business from me for fun as well.

Dcrafton

WKR
7f2b030bcc37e5756970b2f044f7c9d8.jpg

This is the 25PRC with the 131 blackjacks. Just look at the energy and velocity it holds at over 500 yards.

I couldn’t use a SMK on game. Just saying

At some point I’d rather run an 110gr A-tip for -reals and have 70cent 105 factory for play.

Wish i had the twist to try them, but for the time being 110gr Accubonds just make everything die (FAST), when i wanna carry a light and sweet quater bore. 😁

OP
silasbowhunter
Do you know what bullets they are shooting? Im a big fan of the 257wby and 6.5 creed. In my experience the 6.5 bullets outperform the 25s at distance due to better bc etc. Id be curious to hear what bullet they are shooting and what kind of velocity they are getting out of a 25 creed.

They are shooting their 131gr Ace bullets. They are legit if you have the twist for it, it sounds like to me!

OP
silasbowhunter
7f2b030bcc37e5756970b2f044f7c9d8.jpg

This is the 25PRC with the 131 blackjacks. Just look at the energy and velocity it holds at over 500 yards.

This is exactly what I’m talking about!! and it would be a soft shooter I think! Big fan of the 25-06, but if you don’t reload then you are pretty much maxed out with an underperforming 117gr bullet in my opinion

I’ve whacked plenty of antelope and mule deer with my 25-06 (117 gr SST), mostly bang flops. Heard of blackjack and bought 100 without thinking... don’t have the twist on my barrel to make it happen but sure love the idea.

Supposed to sell them to a guy here but we haven’t swapped messages since lockdown. If you search the forum you’ll see a ladder test the guys over there sent me.

Apollo117

WKR
The 25 caliber doesn't get enough love. I've got a 25+ year old Savage 110 in 25-06 that clover leaves 120gr Speer HPBT reliably.

That said, unless you are trying to get a leg up in competitions, I don't believe 25 caliber bullets are the best choice given the current availability of bullets. First, there are no factory rifles that have the correct twist for 131gr Blackjacks. Second, admittedly I don't know much about Blackjack, but since it's a young company I don't trust it's staying power. Who's to say the company will continue to exist and produce bullets? AFAIK, Blackjack is the only company making long 25 caliber bullets. What do you do when you've got a fast twist barrel and no bullets to utilize?

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. I'm a 25 cal fan, but I like to play what-if.

OP
silasbowhunter
The 25 caliber doesn't get enough love. I've got a 25+ year old Savage 110 in 25-06 that clover leaves 120gr Speer HPBT reliably.

That said, unless you are trying to get a leg up in competitions, I don't believe 25 caliber bullets are the best choice given the current availability of bullets. First, there are no factory rifles that have the correct twist for 131gr Blackjacks. Second, admittedly I don't know much about Blackjack, but since it's a young company I don't trust it's staying power. Who's to say the company will continue to exist and produce bullets? AFAIK, Blackjack is the only company making long 25 caliber bullets. What do you do when you've got a fast twist barrel and no bullets to utilize?

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate. I'm a 25 cal fan, but I like to play what-if.

I agree on all counts. I also think as soon as the bigger name guys see that they are losing out on a market they would produce rounds that would fall in the same category. There is a big gap from a 243 to a 264 as far as bullets. To me, a ballistically superior 125gr bullet going 3100fps is gonna have significantly less recoil than a 6.5, and smoke a 6mm after 450 yards. I agree that it’s a small market, but then again that’s why there is so many cartridges as you could probably have a 308 and a 243 and kill almost everything in North America with ease

This thread has really got me interested in a 25creed... Does anyone have one? If so let's hear about your experience, loads, etc.

OP
silasbowhunter
This thread has really got me interested in a 25creed... Does anyone have one? If so let's hear about your experience, loads, etc.

I think that’s the best load honestly, right behind the 25PRC as far as ballistics go, just because the brass is so readily available from the other Creedmoors. I just saw Unknown Munitions has ammo that they sell for the 25Creed..

I think that’s the best load honestly, right behind the 25PRC as far as ballistics go, just because the brass is so readily available from the other Creedmoors. I just saw Unknown Munitions has ammo that they sell for the 25Creed..

I agree, and recoil would be virtually nothing!

Vaultman

WKR
HOLY COW you guys.
Let's just try to stick with the best 1/4 bore that was ever developed and will ever be.... the 25-06. ;)

Alpha makes brass for it.