$250 Conquest 10X42 Hd Binoculars

McFly83

FNG
I was online looking for some new binos and I came across the Zeiss Conquest Hd's for $250. I am skeptical to give any info to the website because the price is rediculous. Has anyone came across knockoffs online? The website is Rock Th and claims to sell at wholesale prices. They accept paypal and have a 30 day moneyback gaurantee, but does that mean I'm safe?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Steer clear, my friend.

There was a website doing that scam sometime back. That price is WAY below wholesale.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
It is your money ... somehow I think they would get your paypal password and login (probably through a fake page), then they would be able to get your bank account, credit card, etc.

I found the website. I see they list Western Union as a payment option. If that isn't a monster red flag, I don't know what is ...

BEWARE!!

dotman

WKR
Hey I have some air i'll sell yeah, free overnigjt shipping. Only asking $250, you know while your looking to off loaf some cash :) It always comes back to "if it looks to good to be true, it is" do you really think these scams don't do their homework? Of course the numbers match the mfg, you can get that off of cameralandny, b&h photo, eagleoptics, etc website.

OP
M

McFly83

FNG
Very True, just thought I would see if anyone has dealt with the website. I am tempted as I know paypal is good about protecting its members and I use lifelock, but I don't want to if its been tried already.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I will be more clear with my advice:

DON'T DO IT!!

THere are ways to monitor a transaction on a bad website, and damage could be done even if you use the paypal option and are protected by lifelock. Paypal scams are a dime a dozen.

THIS SITE IS NOT LEGIT.

sk1

WKR
If you search for many different optics using "google shopping" there is usually one site that sells an $800 bino or what not for $250 or some absurdly low price, if you do research into that site through an ip lookup, they always go back to foreign countries. They also often have a strange checkout process....your money will be gone, I can promise you that. If you try to call them if you can even find a contact number, you probably won't get an answer or a real number, again if you do, it will probably harder to understand than a telemarketing call. dont do it.

hodgeman

WKR
Let's see....$250 for a pair of Zeiss Conquest HD's? Something isn't right...heck, a lot isn't right.

Zeiss's manufacturing cost is more than that and they're so new no one is trying to offload old stock. Buyer Buyer.

I've found some demo units of those at Cameraland for $699, which seems like a pretty good deal if you're really wanting some. Cameraland is legit and a pleasure to do business with on their demo stock.

Best of luck.

dotman

WKR
Let's see....$250 for a pair of Zeiss Conquest HD's? Something isn't right...heck, a lot isn't right.

Zeiss's manufacturing cost is more than that and they're so new no one is trying to offload old stock. Buyer Buyer.

I've found some demo units of those at Cameraland for $699, which seems like a pretty good deal if you're really wanting some. Cameraland is legit and a pleasure to do business with on their demo stock.

Best of luck.

And that demo price of $699 is for the discontinued conquest line not the new HD, only reason o know is I picked up the only HD demo they have had and it was more then $699