2500 budget for long range sub 9.5 pound rifle

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
mostly hunting some range. I kind of love that browning hells canyon long range McMillian but don't know if its really worth the 2k.

i know savage can shoot with best of them but aren't as "sexy".
I bought a hells canyon LR McMillan in 7rem mag on gbroker......the seller lied to me about the twist rate, so I had to return it.....but I did handle the rifle for a few minutes before repackaging it for shipping, and my impression that was it did not feel like a $2K rifle. I have a family history with Brownings and really wanted to like it, but did not, and was happy to have a reason to send it back.

If I had a $2,500 budget for a sub 9.5 rifle I would look at Christensen Arms and Coopers.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
This is a good deal, and if you don't like the color scheme you can send the stock to Bell & Carlson and have them repaint it for you for a nominal fee. They usually have it back to me in 2 weeks.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
what would you guys get? i have a great leupold discount so ill use a vx5hd 3-15. i need a rifle for do it all out to 650 yards hunting senario. I was thinking tikka ultralight or browning hells canyon long rnage. 28 nosler.

Theres a Christensen 300 win mag bedded in a Mesa Precision altitude for sale in the classifieds right now. Hard to beat that.

WCB

WKR
I'd get a Savage 110 Hunter and spend the rest on Ammo and tags.

I’m new to this site so not sure if everyone is against the brand but I have 2 fierce rifles and I have been really happy with them. One is 270 wsm and the other is 300wm. Both shoot great. Both are the cheaper model with steel barrels. Around 2k each.

I had this issue and went with a tikka superlite paid 440 for the rifle this summer @Cabelas added a AG carbon fiber stock and aan aluminum bottom metal, will be ordering a proof prefit barrel soon.
$440 rifle + 660 Stock + 150 bottom metal + 729 for the barrel = 1979 for a great rifle20200704_034115.jpg

I’m new to this site so not sure if everyone is against the brand but I have 2 fierce rifles and I have been really happy with them. One is 270 wsm and the other is 300wm. Both shoot great. Both are the cheaper model with steel barrels. Around 2k each.
very good rifle, I have only handled them but pretty much a SAKO to me with longer heavier barrels.
1600 for a new 85 finnlight and 2k for a fury

Have heard nothing but good things about the new 2020 Springfield waypoint, both in terms of how surprisingly light it seems to be, and also how well it shoots.

One of many good reviews that I have saw, both the reviewer and plenty of people that shoot it at Thunder Ranch where the review takes place seem to rate it highly...

TxxAgg

WKR
Have heard nothing but good things about the new 2020 Springfield waypoint, both in terms of how surprisingly light it seems to be, and also how well it shoots.

One of many good reviews that I have saw, both the reviewer and plenty of people that shoot it at Thunder Ranch where the review takes place seem to rate it highly...
Interesting that the bolt hangs up on him at 3:52

SDHNTR

WKR

Is this the kind of rifle people consider hunting guns these days? Way too much tactical crossover IMO.