260 for antelope/deer?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Part of me really wants a 260....probably want one of those more than I want a RUM. :D Just a cool little round on a .308 case. Someday....someday. :D

OP
Sam Millard
It is hard for me to keep much loaded ammo lying around for mine! I shoot the 260s at least twice as much as my big sticks!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Sam how far did the lady with the Carlock built 260 shoot that elk at?

gelton

WKR
Wow, thats a nice setup action shooter. One of my favorite rifles to shoot is my LWRC 6.8 spc, but something similar in a .260 is even sweeter.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Sam that is a sweet looking rig for sure!!! How 'bout some details on that rifle!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Luke, here is a video Sam did on it.
[video=vimeo;68274280]http://vimeo.com/68274280[/video]

OP
Sam Millard
Actionshooter, I would love to have a 260 gas gun. For a few years I've been wanting a LMT MWS with a 260 barrel, but it had to get in line behind some other projects. With the big gun scare last winter, they started building it out of unobtainium anyway:)

Luke, it's built on a Rem 700 by the Carlocks. 26" Hart Sendero taper, threaded for the AAC Cyclone can. McMillan A3 stock with Surgeon bottom metal, Jewell trigger, extended bolt handle, etc. Nightforce 5.5-22. The idea behind it was an affordable, low recoil practice gun for long range shooting. It has become a sweet platform for my kids to learn on, also!

With the suppressor, I can shoot at all hours without pissing off the neighbors. It shoots the same with or without it, just 3 MOA low. Just dial it up and shoot away!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Wow Sam that is an impressive gun and I think that group just might work but doesn't count if you only shoot at the target once :) I'd say you got that thing dialed in and then some. Oh yeah and your daughter is a sniper btw. Congrats on the awesome gun and your daughter's future BFs better not make her mad....look out ;)

Awesome group! and even better is a 13 year old sharp shooter.....If she's a hunter those critters better look-out!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
That is a sweet stick, Sam. Great shooting in that video as well.

I think I need a 6.5 of some sort.

Shrek

WKR
I can't wait to rebarrel my 700 ss sa to a 6.5x284 ?, 260 ai ? , 6.5 saum? . Hopefully by next fall. It's already milled out with a wyatts box which gets me 2.95+ col.