260 for antelope/deer?

aron

WKR
I can't wait to rebarrel my 700 ss sa to a 6.5x284 ?, 260 ai ? , 6.5 saum? . Hopefully by next fall. It's already milled out with a wyatts box which gets me 2.95+ col.

That 6.5 saum is very enticing, especially with the velocities you can get out of it with a 130 or 140gr pill. Throw in the Wyatts extended mag box and you got one hell of a hunting setup.

Shrek

WKR
6.5 saum will definitely kick butt. I'd need a new bolt and follower if I go that way. There are a lot of reasons to like all three of the ones I mentioned. A complete wildcat intrigues me. There are a few threads on another long range forum for 6.5's with longer necks and a little less case capacity which I think would be even more ideal but cost and the brass forming get more involved. I have way more wants than I got gots so something has to give.

Shrek

WKR
With the big gun scare last winter, they started building it out of unobtainium anyway:)

Sam , it seems they are making all sorts of shooting related stuff from unobtainium these days. I sure will be glad when it's popularity fades. Very nice rifle Sam and your daughters skills are impressive.

OP
Sam Millard
Thanks guys. Jess is a great shooter and hunting companion. She shot her first whitetail last year at 516 yards with my 7WSM. She hit within an inch or two from where I told her to hold, with a bang/flop result. I was shaking after the shot more than her:) We both have antelope tags for WY in October...should be a lot of fun!

The one to watch out for is her 8 year old brother. He has been shooting long since he was 6...