27 Nosler

robtattoo

WKR
Thoughts?
Seems superfluous to me, frankly. I'm not seeing any benefit over the 26 or 28.......

Looks like the best designed Nosler case yet as far as neck length and supposedly freebore but with the shittiest bore diameter..

Wapiti1

WKR
Lack of bullet selection kills it. But is will always be 1 better than the 26. So it has that going for it.

Jeremy

JWAZ

FNG
I guess it fits the progression to add more options as popularity demands...The 26 and 28 check a lot of boxes for medium size hunting/LR/target scenarios I can think of. I figured the 33 would finish out the Nosler line.

Titan_Bow

WKR
It really isn’t doing anything different ballistically than a 270wsm or 270 Weatherby magnum. I heard it’s going to have a faster twist barrel though (1:8.5) so maybe we’ll start seeing a little more selection in the upper grain weights 165, 180etc. I’ve got a WSM and with 150gr accubond LR’s, it’s a great combo for really any hunting scenario.
Overall, I hope it is at least somewhat successful, as it may boost the bullet selection of .277

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's cool. I always thought .25 and .27 cal were the best bore diameters to make High BC bullets for but they are actually the most neglected. 130grn class for .25 out of standard cases and 170grn class out .27 magnums. I heard Nosler is releasing a 165grn long range accubond. Berger makes a 170. I'm sure more long bullet will show up eventually.

LightFoot

WKR
I like it.

I think the benefit is a lightweight rifle. Less recoil than the 28 and more energy than the 26.

It fits in that little space where the 26 and 28 overlap, but neither excels.

If I was outfitting a sheep hunt, this might get the nod.

That being said, like a previous post, my next rifle will probably be the 28.

>>>----JAKE----->

A382DWDZQ

WKR
I picked one up when they were on clearance for like $1,750. I finally got to take it out and put 3 rounds of factory 165s through it. The scope mounts didn’t seem to fit my standard 3-9 Leupold scopes, they were too far apart. I had an older 6-20AO that has a longer tube, so that’s what’s on it now. Took three shots and they were sub MOA and less than 1 moa from point of aim. Haven’t stretched it out to longer distances yet, but I like the feel of it a lot. It’s a nice rifle. Factory loads were quite a bit slower than advertised, about 100fps slower, but maybe that’s just new barrel.

*edit* it’s an M21