270 short mag fans weigh in!

I don't hunt elk with the 270 short mag but I have have hunted mule deer with it and it is a little overkill for the smaller deer so if I had to say for an elk place it right and he'll drop like a ton of bricks

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
If I hunt with a rifle its the 270 wsm hands down. I've taken many muleys, and a sheep over the last five years. Shoots straight every time I pull the trigger...:D big thumbs up for the 270wsm!! a true mountain rifle with all the scratches to prove it!

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 Kimber Montana's, 270WSM and 7mmWSM. You cant tell the difference between them unless your close enough to read the stamp on the barrel.
Same goes for the rounds they shoot. Pretty well have to hold them side by side or read head stamps.

I'm guessing an elk at any range wont know the difference either. Maybe an elk can feel the .007 difference?

The big help for the 7mm is bullet choice and BC. But for me the high BC bullets arent what I'd choose for elk anyhow, so......

If Noslers Long range accubond (150g .277, .625BC) is as advertised the 277 WSM will take a nice step forward.