270 winchester

Jonrad

FNG
Ok guys went camping and hunting for the first time and I'm hooked. I have been looking for gear and getting prepared. I used a 270 Remmington but didn't shoot a deer. I was wondering if that is sufficient for a deer hunt boar hunt?

OP
J

Jonrad

FNG
What scope for 300 yard range? And thank u for the response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
shot a 270 with a fixed 4 power scope for over 25 years. I don't recommend the 4x scope part! Any decent scope will do, 3x9, whatever. Just get one and practice. Accuracy and bullet placement is really all that matters. Truckloads of antelope, deer, a few elk, etc, with the 270. Everything hit right died right there. I used non-premium Remington 130 grain core lokt bullets for everything and wouldn't have changed weights if I'd drawn a moose. Zero (0) bullet failures.

I sometimes walked rifle aisles and was drawn close to UltraLaserDeathRayBlasterMagnumExpress rifles but quickly went back to the 270, apologized for being tempted and we settled down again.

Graves14

WKR
I’ve had incredible luck with every Leupold scope I’ve ever used. They are all I buy now. Great glass quality for the money, incredible durability and a company I know will stand behind their product. I don’t know what else you could want.

rmarshall

WKR
Our Family has shot 270 Win's for years, lots of years actually.. Buy a tikka and get you a good quality scope with good eye relief, site it in and go hunting.. We have winchesters, Remingtons, Tikkas.. My got to deer, elk load is a 140 Accubond. It lays the smack down on deer and elk. I love the leupold scopes as well and mine is topped with Meopta Meopro 3.5-10x44. good luck on your new found hobby!!

16Bore

WKR
I wish my Tikka was a 270 and my M70 a 30-06, but I’ll suffer.....

Yes! My favorite caliber for big game. I have a Tikka T3 with a Leupold VX-3i and Remington 700 with a VX-3 and i have killed a whole lot of deer and hogs with these rifles. Never undergunned.

OP
J

Jonrad

FNG
I have to fly to Texas or Missouri how do u guys take ur gear?mainly rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
.270 is a great round. Texas deer are pretty small. We hunt the panhandle and so texas. Biggest bodied deer in the state and some guys use .260 or .308 all tne way to ultra mags. .270 is plenty.
Get a good 3-9 power scope from mid range leupold or zeiss conquest.
As for travelling, get a good Pelican air travel gun case and your set. Will need 3 locks at least to be safe. Its pretty easy, look up your airline of choices requirements.