270 WSM 170 berger

mcr-85

WKR
The 170 berger claimed another elk this year. 465 yards and knocked him right off his feet.
@PNWGATOR hows the gun shooting?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Joby1

FNG
Tdhanses or whom ever Has a wsm, what kind of barrel life are you talking for the wsm? I gave up counting the shots as I shoot mine alot althought I dont push imt 270wsm very hard at all.

tdhanses

WKR
Tdhanses or whom ever Has a wsm, what kind of barrel life are you talking for the wsm? I gave up counting the shots as I shoot mine alot althought I dont push imt 270wsm very hard at all.

All the WSM’s have a short barrel life, 1000-1200rds maybe less if you load hot from what I’ve been told.

MeatBuck

WKR
I built it on a winchester M70 action. I opened up the mag well so I could load the bullets out a ways. Right now my COAL is 3.118 and that is .015 off the lands. When I chambered it I extended the throat to get the boat tail at the neck juncture of the case to utilize the whole case.
Which m70 action was this? Blind mag or detachable?

OP
P

PRS

FNG
Which m70 action was this? Blind mag or detachable?
It was a newer Winchester 70 started out as a coyote Lite 270 Wsm with a bdl bottom metal which comes factory with a 3.050 mag well. But I have a lathe and a milling attatchment which I used to mill out the action another 100 thousands and then cut and welded the mag box to fit.

Ekrider

FNG
I wish I had sweet end mill skills, I have a 1/9 twist 28in 270 wsm , the furthest kill I had so far was 550 yards on a mule deer, It was dead before it hit the ground. However, I would feel comfortable taking a shot at twice that distance if the conditions were right.