28" frame

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
throwing a thought out there, i've been thinking alot about seeing if they will make a 28" frame for me, for 2 reasons one i think i would like the idea of the bag being stretched out a little bit more without having to pack it full to do so. and the other more important one is i have been thinking i would like to try the gamble on it taller so i could have a increased angle on the load lifters, before i get bashed its NOT cause im thinking im getting some crazy load lifting abilities. but the more i think and use my 26" frame the angle is not alot, and i really like the idea of it pulling up not back, again not for extra lifting abilities just diff. angle

would like some input

matthewmt

WKR
I'm guessing you mean kifaru? I have a 24" seekoutside frame with 4" frame extensions and I like it quite a bit. Only down side for me really was riding a mountain bike with on standing and riding looking up the back of my head would hit the frame. Otherwise I like the extension idea For other pack companies. If I was to get a kifaru I would go 26" and call it good.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

530Chukar

WKR
I believe they do make a 28" frame for the taller guys. Just recently on the Kifaru Insiders Facebook group someone asked this and Aron replied that they had a couple. Give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I guess I forgot the kifaru part, and yes I have the 26" , wasn't sure if anyone has done this. Of course would really suck if I absolutely hated it not a big market for them. But the26 don't seem all that big. I guess just thinking out loud🤢

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just recently got a 28 inch frame from them. Being 6'5" I am really liking the extra height. No extra charge either.

Seek outside also has a 28 inch frame using their extensions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
Kifaru will make you a 28" but it doesn't stretch the bag. It lifters just stick up an extra 2". I have an old style 28" Dupex frame in Foliage with either a marge or medium belt I'd sell. It's like new. I just haven't bothered to sell it after I bought the new hunting frame.

Last edited:
OP
S

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
shrek how high is your new frame?

i do have a new last year 26" been using not sure what the diff is in old frame and new, but belt is def. to big for me.
i think i might try to mock up my 26 and see if i can see what it would be like.

Shrek

WKR
New frame is 28" also. A properly fitting belt is a must ! If you're bottoming out you're not getting it tight enough and if it's too small it isn't comfortable because the padding doesn't lay correctly. If you're in between sizes then get Kifaru to make a marge or smedium belt to fit. The difference between the old and new frames is mostly more padding on the new frame.

I personally don't think 28" is overkill for packing heavy loads and I'm only 5' 10"
I run the Seek Outside pack in base height (24 inches) 99% of the time then add the extensions when I kill something. It works great for me. I don't think I'd like hunting with a 28 inch frame but I'm not tall.

OP
S

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
thanks guys, shrek i think i have a small belt, i was concerned last year training(and now) i had it all but an inch from tightened max which suprised me, but with clothes on in fall was better, but this year it will be a hot hunt.
oh shrek how tall are you?
im only maybe 6'1" might have a slightly longer torso idk, i think it is either me always trying to make something better or it is actually slightly low on me

jared thanks for info, not sure if i would like it full time either, but being kifaru have no choice in that just have to decide on gamble

Shrek

WKR
I'm 6'4" with a 23 3/4" torso. I got no lift with a 26" and a load in the pack. The 28" is great for me. If you're only 6'1" I'm betting you are wearing your pack too low. Center of the belt needs to be at the very peak of your hip points on your side. You can google how to measure your torso.

OP
S

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
no i got it on centered on my hip, just angle seems low compared to some videos.

good news though i just seen they (kifaru) have an updated adjusting video. hope this helps someone.
Duplex Frame - YouTube