28 Nosler shooting 155 Grain hammer hunters

bassin_rob

Lil-Rokslider
Started building a new load today. Wondering if anyone has found some success with the Hammer bullets? Bonus points if the rifle happens to be a Christensen Arms. Place I bought the rifle from claim they have never gotten a Christensen to shoot copper. So far the only copper I’ve tried was Barnes 168 grain LRX and I couldn’t get them to shoot better than an inch and a half at 100 yards. Was getting 1/4 groups out of Berger Hybrids.

A382DWDZQ

WKR
Might be too slow then. If you can try a lighter bullet, like 145 LRX, or 146 HH, that might improve your results.

OP
bassin_rob

bassin_rob

Lil-Rokslider
Might be too slow then. If you can try a lighter bullet, like 145 LRX, or 146 HH, that might improve your results.
Ya unfortunately that kind of seems like the consensus I’m getting. Sucks, the shop I bought em from recommended these for my twist rate.

JakeSCH

WKR
I have a CA Mesa in 300 WM and in 6.5 PRC, both shoot hammers sub half moa.

Load them up and shoot. Hammers can be easily tuned by with a crimp die if needed. If it fits in my magazine, I just put the case mouth in the middle of the first groove from nose and give a 1/4T crimp.

OP
bassin_rob

bassin_rob

Lil-Rokslider
I have a CA Mesa in 300 WM and in 6.5 PRC, both shoot hammers sub half moa.

Load them up and shoot. Hammers can be easily tuned by with a crimp die if needed. If it fits in my magazine, I just put the case mouth in the middle of the first groove from nose and give a 1/4T crimp.
I ended up getting about .5 inch group with the 143 grain hammer hunters. Little more fine tuneing and a velocity check and I’ll be ready to rock.

Fyaman1

FNG
150 grain nosler Etip shoot 1/2 MOA out of my 1:8.6” twist. I think the BC is better as well.
I wanted to shoot the 145 LRX but they only shot 3/4-1 MOA