28 Nosler so the fun begins

I was lucky enough to find some retumbo and h1000. Also purchased some Hornady bullets because it was cheaper than buying just brass..lol
fd645a2ee4cdf0d2d3ba4a27e1adf55b.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Excellent! Let us know how it goes. I hope you have a source for more powder because in that cartridge one pound of powder won't even get you 100 rounds (probably more like 80-90)

OP
garrettstump
Excellent! Let us know how it goes. I hope you have a source for more powder because in that cartridge one pound of powder won't even get you 100 rounds (probably more like 80-90)
Fortunately I do but if not there are other powders that I can use for instance I believe IMR 8133? Have you ever used that I think it's relatively new.

I do not own or load for a 28 Nosler so I can't help much on that cartridge. I do know roughly how much powder it burns though and how difficult those powders can be to find. Good luck with your load work up!

OP
garrettstump
I do not own or load for a 28 Nosler so I can't help much on that cartridge. I do know roughly how much powder it burns though and how difficult those powders can be to find. Good luck with your load work up!
Thank you!

I started with re33 in my 28 hells canyon long range. Enough half in groups with the 168 nosler ablr to make me happy! Looks like you have a browning as well? I recommend a trigger spring kit as the factory pull isnt conducive to good accuracy. Mcarbo makes a spring that can be installed at home.

OP
garrettstump
I started with re33 in my 28 hells canyon long range. Enough half in groups with the 168 nosler ablr to make me happy! Looks like you have a browning as well? I recommend a trigger spring kit as the factory pull isnt conducive to good accuracy. Mcarbo makes a spring that can be installed at home.
Yes it is the hells canyon long range version without McMillan stock. Mcarbo is already on its way, should be here tomorrow. This for me is a hunting rifle as all mine are, but I love upgrades and modifications. RL 33 is even kind of hard to get and does not have much tolerance for drastic weather changes is the only reason I've steered away from it.