280 ai build suggestions

OP
704kubotaguy
This was also my experice. Runs very smooth now, no feeding issues ect. My gunsmith did the work, and he's extremely proficient and detail oriented, so im assuming it was done at a very high level.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I'm thinking my smith can make it happen, he's very proficient with coating. I just don't want to have to mill the bolt down to coat it BUT I want the barrel and action and bolt to all match flawlessly

OP
704kubotaguy
Built in . Seems to be the same price as the non adjustable 699$ . 36 ounces for long action . Sounds like an exciting build . Make sure to post pics when all complete . If you’re trying to save weight why not consider a carbon barrel? Either way I’d go 22inch if running suppressed or 24 if running bare or with brake . But I’d also go 7 rsaum if I was a reloader but since I haven’t made that investment yet I’d go 7mm rem mag . I’ve read 2750 FPS with rem mag with 180 eldm out of 22 inch barrel .
Haven't looked much at the carbon options but I don't particular like the looks of them and I think I can come in around 7 lbs or so without having to go that route. As far as the other calibers I have a custom 300 WSM that's a tack driver, just wanting a long action this go round

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
My custom 280AI build sounds similar to yours. I went with a Bartlein 3B, cut to 24". 1-8" twist 5R barrel. Gunwerks GRB action, with a Grayboe stock and DBM. Triggertech Special trigger. Glass is a Leupold MK5HD 3.6-18. It tips the scales under 10 pounds, and for what its capable of I'm very happy with it. Shooting 155 Absolute Hammers at 3100fps. It'll do for any game in north america.
IMG_6099.JPG

ElGreco

FNG
If i do another build def using the defiance action and ag composite stock, Tigger tech trigger. I have the defiance rebel action on my 30 nosler and absolutely love how smooth it is

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
1st off what weight are you after,sporter stock or other.does it have to be a bartlien.if so no larger than a 2b.balance is extremely inportant if its a carry rifle with possibility of shooting from different positions.if you dont want coating just have it bead blasted.i have every one i own coated by falcon gun finishing or the bolt nitride finished.custom is just that,make sure you get what you want,good luck.