2man packable tent

lif

WKR
Looking for a decent to good quality 2 man packable tent. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you looking for a tent for yourself and gear or actually 2 guys? Big difference...

I run a Big Agnes Copper Spur 2 for myself and gear. If I were planning to have a hunting partner with me I'd move up to the Copper Spur 4.

No reason for 2 dudes to be snuggled up in a lightweight 2 man tent.

For a great budget option....I've used a 3 man Alps Mtneering Zephyr tent that I use with my 14yo son sometimes but he's getting big enough for me to start looking for a 4man tent.

OP
L

lif

WKR
Looking to hold 2 men. Pack room is optional

The Hilleberg Nallo3 is perfect for two, especially when backpacking. $$$$ though.

Hilleberg is a lifetime investment. :). My nallo 2 is perfect for my 8 year old son and I. When my climbing partner and I share it our zero degree sleeping bags almost touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lif

WKR
Read. You use the mountainsmith? Goods and bads?

colersu22

WKR
I like my seek outside Cimarron, plenty of room for 2 plus gear even when I take the stove. I think it is just over 2 lbs so for the room ill take it every time.

Partner and I used a MegaTarp last season and it was great for us plus gear and stove. Planning to run the Tut & stove this season.

jmez

WKR
TarpTent Cloudburst 3. Not real expensive, plenty of room for two guys and their gear. Weight is comparable to many two man tents.

Read1t48

WKR
Yes... Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's about the same size as a mega tarp. I've slept two and some gear in bad weather and was fine. You can install a stove jack but I wouldn't want to get two people and gear with a stove. It's a great shelter, though, especially for the money and considering the Kifaru Mega isn't made any longer.

Partner and I used a MegaTarp last season and it was great for us plus gear and stove. Planning to run the Tut & stove this season.
This! I run one solo because my pack has a tendency to vomit in my tent. So a little extra room is nice to sort through gear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love my Ta r ptent Stratospire 2. Tons of rooms fir 2 hunters with 2 doors and karge vestibules. Great headroom. Can use as a floorless if you didn't want to use the screened liner. Sub 3 lbs also.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I love my Tarptent Stratospire 2. Tons of rooms for 2 hunters with 2 doors and large vestibules. Great headroom. Can use as a floorless if you didn't want to use the screened liner. Sub 3 lbs also.

Solitude

WKR
++ Copper Spur is a great tent. Bought and sold many shelters over the years and never thought of selling the CS. Highly advise picking one up, using it and then moving onto specialized shelters if you really have a need. My 2cents. Oh ya, you can run it without the liner to save weight if you want to cut serious weight.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd say Nallo for a tent and a Megatarp (if you can find one) or Tut for floorless. Plus with a floorless is later season you can put the cylinder or box stove in it.

OP
L

lif

WKR
My budget is set on necessity. I can go $200-1000. I have a wife and a 11 year old boy. I would like a tent that is not real heavy, easy to erect, and 3-4 seasons is somewhat option able. Prefer 4 seasons though. My trip in it will be mostly wife and kid as well as trips with one other buddy on a two man trip. Thanks guys. I'm slowing gathering this in.