2nd archery black bear (video)

Tagged my 2nd bear last weekend with my son, season closed yesterday and we were tied up this weekend so that really was our last shot. Spot and stalk spring bear with archery gear only in thick, coastal British Columbia truly is up there as potentially being one of the most challenging hunts in my books, 17+ hour days, 5 hour nights and countless KMs on the boots really make sure you earn every calorie you pack out. Shooting a bear 200 yards from camp at 7pm only adds insult to injury. Did my best to capture the emotional roller coaster of harvesting my 2nd big game animal as a first generation hunter with my 9 year old son. Dropped him 2.5km from the vehicle, my son packed out a full rack of bone in ribs, both backstraps and both tenderloins in his 40L Deuter...proud would be a major understatement! I was testing out the slumberjack bounty 2.0, first time carrying a real load with it and once I finally made it up to my feet it hauled like a dream, learned a good lesson about putting all my meat in one game bag though as two shifted around too much and I had to stop and adjust that, user error on that front though.

Attachments

• 2019 bear-1.jpg
    2019 bear-1.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 8