2nd hand market

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a good reputable 2nd hand market out there for bows? I'm looking to buy my first bow but have a small break in budget and don't want to spend new prices. I didn't see one on Rokslide. Any help would be great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Archerytalk all the way for bow classifieds. I've bought 2 used bows off there in the past. I generally just look for someone with positive feedback. People with only a few posts/no feedback make me nervous but hey you've got to start somewhere.

LostArra

WKR
If this is your first bow I would sure consider looking for a used bow at a local shop so a professional could help you get it set up correctly. A little bit of $ could save a lot of time and frustration.

OR Archer

WKR
If this is your first bow I would sure consider looking for a used bow at a local shop so a professional could help you get it set up correctly. A little bit of $ could save a lot of time and frustration.
I agree with this. I've seen a lot of guys buy used bows as their first only to find out they don't fit or they just can't pull it at all. Some have even been damaged and aren't shootable.
There's some really fantastic mid level bows these days that you can get into for not a lot of money. PSE Vendetta VX and Hoyt Powermax are a couple of examples. Both are under $600 new.

OP
G

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice, I have checked out archerytalk since getting feedback and there is a wealth of information there, great stuff. Budget.....ehhh Under $400 I guess. I'll keep my eye on the new posts there and see what comes up.

copedog

FNG
Hey GoPokes,

I have a right handed Hoyt Rampage XT bow listed on archerytalk. Its a 2012 model bow, but it is a real good shooter and has the same limbs and cams from Hoyt's carbon riser bow that year. I found out I had a shorter draw length than the cams would allow so I had to buy a different bow. I used this bow all last season and had new cables and string put on last year. Its a 60-70 lb bow with a draw length of 28. Can be adjusted up from there with modules. Has all the accessories, ready to hunt. I'll make you a hell of a deal if your interested (like $200 ish). PM me.

I do also agree that developing a relationship with a local shop is a good idea. Having a trusted tech is needed with a new or used bow.

Copedog

Last edited:

2blade

WKR
ebay can be good as well. I have a 2012 rh 60lb Diamond Fugitive on there right now that is spotless. If you want more details shoot me a pm.

ncstewart

WKR
If you keep at it you can get a great bow for 400 on archery talk. I bought a 2 year old elite new with tags for 400 last year. Just stick with it and be patient. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a good reputable 2nd hand market out there for bows? I'm looking to buy my first bow but have a small break in budget and don't want to spend new prices. I didn't see one on Rokslide. Any help would be great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

if you need bow help shoot us a pm with your budget and we will try to help

OP
G

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the help, this forum has great information. Feel like I've learned a lot already.

AT classifieds is a great place to pick up a good deal. just look for good feedback. i've bought 4 bows on there in the last few years and never had a bad experience. older elites are IMO one of the best values out there. i just bought a 2012 answer that will be my hunting bow for this season for $250 bare bow.

HookUp

WKR
Bows lose their value faster than RV trailers. Flag ship bows usually drop from $1000 to $500-$600 with 2 years. A 3-4 yr old bow can be had around $400-$500 depending on how popular the model was. You have lots of options, do a lot of research.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe this was stated before but it bears repeating. Please forgive me if this seems reductive. Make sure the bow has the correct cam for your draw length. Some bows the cams are draw length specific. Some have came with draw length ranges. Just make sure the bow will work before buying. Or if you need to buy modules etc. once you have that dialed you should be good to go. I just picked up a Hoyt spyder turbo for a friend for $375 shipped with a QAD rest. Solid bow should work well for him for many years. Deals are out there.

OP
G

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Have seen some good deals and been offered many. Went to the pro shop and got measured for DL and came out at a 30.5 and was given a great lesson on my options. The options are incredible (unfortunately so are some prices). The right bow is out there, unfortunately at some of these big box sports stores they are selling last years model at this years prices. I will continue to do research and continue to look, this forum has been amazing.

Jon C

FNG
I believe you can get a Parker bow setup new from a pro shop that will shoot great and be nice and quiet. It will be a little slower than the top tier bows. If you buy used look at cams for nicks, strings that look bad, limbs with chips but you can find some great deals on used.

OP
G

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Jon C. appreciate the feed back. I haven't even considered a Parker set-up, guess I should consider all options.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34