2P floored tent made in the US?

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know of a 2p floored tent along the same lines as the Kuiu Mountain Star or SG Skyscraper that's made in the US?

Is Tarptent made in the US?

Seek Outside is made in the US but not sure if they have a floored tent. You can always use a nest though.

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs would be another to check. Not sure but they make a lot of stuff to order so probably made in the US.

OP
generalist

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I know Tarptent and SO is US, but I can't seem to find something like the Mountain Star that's made here. The non-hunting brands like Big Agnes are also made in China.

I've used a nest in the Cimarron, I'm not a fan. Really looking for an enclosed floored tent to use when I'm by myself.

You could go the Hilleberg Rogen direction. Not going China and instead supporting a family owned Swedish company with a history of supporting hunting. The Rogen is a 2 man 2 vestibule tent that uses higher quality materials and craftsmanship than either Kuiu or SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I glanced over it before. I'll look into some more, looks promising.
Of all the tents I have tried it is one of my favorites. I sold mine to try a floorless setup but if I was going to go back I would put another one in my top options for sure.

tdot

WKR
Hyperlight Mountain Gear has a tent with an integrated floor. So does Yama Mountain Gear, and a couple of other small US manufacturers, but they aren't dome tents. There is another company in Seattle that produces tunnel tents that are supposed to be incredible, but with a price that makes a Hilleberg look cheap.

Hyperlight Mountain Gear has a tent with an integrated floor. So does Yama Mountain Gear, and a couple of other small US manufacturers, but they aren't dome tents. There is another company in Seattle that produces tunnel tents that are supposed to be incredible, but with a price that makes a Hilleberg look cheap.

I believe you’re referencing Warmlite. They are in Colorado actually. Some people up here in AK swear by them, especially old time sheep hunters.

tdot

WKR
I believe you’re referencing Warmlite. They are in Colorado actually. Some people up here in AK swear by them, especially old time sheep hunters.

Warmlite, that's the one. Thanks for the correction on Colorado. I was just looking at a jacket from Feathered Friends and had Seattle on the brain.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Mountain Star and have used it for sheep hunts and remote pack-raft floats without any problems for the past few years.

That said, I have been re-sensitized to not buying Chinese made products if at all possible. If I had it to do all over again, I'd get a Hilleberg Niak. Pretty close spec's to the MtnStr, but you're going to spend more money, which I'm willing to do. I have a Hilleberg Staika that I have used for the past six years for two-week remote moose hunts, Kodiak mountain goat, and canoe-based spring bear hunts...it has saved my bacon in some totally serious wx up here. It is the best tent that I have ever owned...hands-down.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, little over half of TarpTents models are made in China now. Prices didn't change, but their cost to manufacture sure did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Seek Outside Eolus can have a complete inner .. it is similar to the mountain star in styling. The Silex is also available with a complete floor / inner . Both perform very well in cruddy weather