2p tent recommendation?

Jtb2018

FNG
I’m looking for a two person tent to pack into where I hunt. Season will be anywhere from September to November. And the only reason for the two person is for just me and all my gear. Not actually trying to fit 2 people. Thanks

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
My recommendation is the Big Agnes Triagle Mountain UL2. Its not the lightest or anything-est on the market, but for being just outside of your price range you'll have one helluva tent if you can find one and don't mind spending a few extra bucks. Just over 2 1/2 pounds, free standing, sleeps two people more comfortably than any other UL2's I've tested, and its double walled. I've had mine for three seasons now and don't have any complaints. I paid $350 for mine when it was still an REI exclusive (on clearance. MSRP was $500), but have seen them elsewhere recently for under $300.

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I’m also looking for a tent that I can use to sleep 2 guys for sheep and elk hunting. I’m looking at both 2p and 3p tents. I have narrowed it down to this

Hilleberg Nallo 2 or 3 got
Kuiu storm star 2p
Big Agnes copper spur hv 3 expedition

Are you leaning towards having an inner tent/ nest?
If so, for 2 guys & gear I'd lean toward the Hilleberg Nallo 3GT or Anjan 3GT.
Excellent tents and that vestibule is the bomb
Cons: a little on the heavier side, takes a longer area to pitch & a little pricey.
For solo & gear go with the 2 man version of those.

Also for solo check out the Tarptent Motrail which is sub $300.

I like my Tarptent double rainbow for a solo tent. It’s light, doesn’t require trekking poles to set up and I can fit my pack, gun and all my gear in the tent with me if needed. If for some reason in a pinch you can’t get stakes in because of frozen ground or camping on rock you can still set it up with trekking poles. Nice to have options

JMo25

FNG
Good info here. Also looking for a 2P tent. Thanks to all for the posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AHayes

FNG
Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2
Can you expand on why you like this particular model? And/or what you don't like about it? I've been looking at this one hard for my first trip out to Colorado. For whatever reason, I've been able to make decisions on all of the other gear, but deciding on a tent seems to be more challenging for me. In advance, thanks for the help.

87TT

WKR
The Copper Spur UL2 is the perfect size for me and my gear. It has two doors and two vestibules. It sets up easy and is freestanding. The stuffed size and weight is pretty reasonable. I had at one time six backpacking tents and was always chasing the "perfect" one. this is my go to hunting pack in tent. If I was going to use it for 2 people, I would get the UL3.

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
The Copper Spur UL2 is the perfect size for me and my gear. It has two doors and two vestibules. It sets up easy and is freestanding. The stuffed size and weight is pretty reasonable. I had at one time six backpacking tents and was always chasing the "perfect" one. this is my go to hunting pack in tent. If I was going to use it for 2 people, I would get the UL3.

What other tents did you have? How would you compare to kuiu, stone glacier or hilleberg? Im in the market for a tent to fit me and my buddy? Thanks for your help!!

87TT

WKR
I had or have Coleman, REI, Eureka, Cabelas. Haven't had any of the ones you mentioned but if it is going to be two people, absolutely get a three person tent and two doors/vestibules. Two person tents are too small for anything but two people sleeping (real cozy) and not much else (pack etc. And crawling over your buddy in the middle of the night to take a leak is no bueno.

I have a nemo Losi 3p, so they make a 2p version but the weight reduction wasn’t worth the extra size.
Solid tent, easy to put up, self supporting with good sized vestibules and inside. Solid in wind. Not gonna go thru a hurricane but won’t fold in in moderate wind like I read about the Copper Spur UL2. Also has a more robust build than the CS UL2, but the weight difference is significant for some. I prefer solid materials for a few extra ounces

AHayes

FNG
Thanks for the advice. I just purchased this exact model from REI today. They had a sale going on and I purchased for $336.93. I plan on going camping in late February to test it out in cold weather along with my sleeping system.

It is now set up in our living room at my wife's dismay. My 14 year old son and I had fun putting it together tonight. He wants to go so bad with my this year to CO.

James270

FNG
Any one used a SG Skyscraper for 2 people with gear?
Looking for a lightweight 3/4 season tent for my son and I for backpack hunts. I’m 6”4’ and like a bit of room to sit up in. Son is 13 and I’m chasing a tent to share until he is a bit older and can carry all his own gear(y)

The other option is a Hilleberg Nallo 3????

Reactions: Jac
Ditto on the BA tents. I have 1, 2, and 6 man models (last one for boat camping with the kids). Light, affordable, free standing, and intuitive. And the vestibule is sweet. Love all of mine and haven’t had the need to go elsewhere.