3, 5, 10 or even more?

Opah

WKR
How many rounds can my rifle hold when hunting deer, pig, bear ?
I know for Bird it is 2 in the clip and one in the chamber, Now for deer and Pig
I have heard 4 in the clip and one in the chamber, then I came across this

Maximum number of rounds in a hunting rifle​

by CDFG
5-23-2013
(916) 445-0411
Website

Question: What is the maximum number of rounds you can have in your hunting rifle? I have heard it is five rounds but other people have said the California limit is 10 rounds. What's the correct answer?

Answer: Most rifles hold three to five rounds, but the California penal code allows for up to 10 rounds. There are no California Fish and Game Code sections that address limits on the number of rounds a rifle may hold. Remember the Penal Code prohibits the purchase or sale of ten round rifles. There are many rifles out there that were purchased long before these laws went into effect that are perfectly legal. Many people own .22 caliber rifles with tube magazine and high capacities. These are not outlawed and can be used for hunting small game. Many people have carbines and other rifles bought long ago and they too are still legal even with a 30 round magazine.

30 rounds ? sounds good to me

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Ca. is ten round max in any firearm but that is way over limit while out hunting where upland and water fowl is concerned. Three max, one in the chamber and two in mag. I don't know what is allow while hunting but most high power rifles only hold five rounds total, in Ca. I have never heard anything that limits you to fewer. When hunting with rifle that has detachable mag. I think you would need to check laws in the state you are hunting in which is a good idea no matter the situation, always check state and county laws.