3 Blade Cutthroat Sharpening

dlee56

WKR
I'm having issues getting the edges near the tip as sharp as I'm getting the lower edges. I'm new to sharpening my own broadheads but I've been sharpening my own knives for a long time. I'm following the videos that RMS put out but it appears that this section of blade is somewhat convex and so the stone is making contact with the center portion but not the edges. You can see the difference in grain in between the middle and edges near the tip.
Has anyone else encountered this with the 3blade cutthroats?
Should I just keep running it over the course stone until the convex surface is flat and can contact the whole surface?

Snapchat-319389404.jpg

Loving how these heads fly so far, just having some user error ha.

oldgoat

WKR
I didn't shoot three blade for years because they are such a pain for me anyway to sharpen sufficiently, bought the Valkyrie and their sharpening Wheels a few years ago, it made the difference! Rmsgear had some wheels that look exactly like the Valkyrie last year, not sure if they still do. My recommendation is get a ceramic rod to finish them if the wheels and a bench top buffer or grinder aren't in the economic equation.

Rheron

FNG
344 sharpener from stay sharp works for me. Dont own a bench grinder to sharpen them as seen above so no comment on any of that. 344 changes the bevel angle. Not an issue for me. It's an easy but fairly time consuming method. I typically crack a cold one and go slow. Not a terrible way to waste an hour if you ask me.
Ryan

I've used the sharpening/polishing wheel setup from RMS and it works...BUT the Stay Sharp 344 system gets the Cutthroat 3-Blades MUCH sharper. It takes a little longer but does exactly what Stay Sharp says it will.