3 Favorite Items

OP
Vansomerenc
Kill kit, changeable blade knife, and head lamp. Learned the headlamp the hard way

Gumbo

WKR
A Montana Bow Sling and trekking poles (folded and inside the pack) are probably the only things that are slightly outside the norm that I take on all my elk hunts.

TP, Bic Lighter, Petzl e+ headlamp

bonus - flavored Tootsie Rolls. They take the dryness out of your mouth, and quench thirst and hunger. The waxed paper wrappers are great for starting a fire if needed.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Bugle tube and diaphragm reeds,
Windicator
Rangefinder

I'd rather leave my bow in camp than my bugle tube with reeds, because hunting is worthless without them.

Whitty

FNG
Dude Wipes!!!!! especially after 3-4 days of mountain house type meals
Trekking poles
I packed the tooth flossers things in each of my daily food bags and those were actually a nice comfort item for basically zero weight and space.

7Bartman

WKR
I like things that can serve multiple purposes. My top 3 would be as follow:
1. Chapstick/sunscreen/bowstring wax - I have a cheap tube of this that has spf protection and is good chapstick. It can help with waterproofing too.
2. Athletic tape - works great for hotspots (which can be a hunt stopper), good for cuts, and general repairs
3. Treking poles - obvious use for trekking, as well as something to screw my GoPro in to film, also work for makeshift tent poles

Scoot

WKR
Can't believe nobody has mentioned rain gear.
1) rain gear
2) kill kit
3) chap stick

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Can't believe nobody has mentioned rain gear.

I very rarely take rain gear with me. Most years it's dry as a bone in September in CO, and the years when it does rain it rains so much that I'm soaked by the rain or soaked with sweat from wearing the jacket, so it does me no good for the most part.

JWP58

WKR
I very rarely take rain gear with me. Most years it's dry as a bone in September in CO, and the years when it does rain it rains so much that I'm soaked by the rain or soaked with sweat from wearing the jacket, so it does me no good for the most part.

Back when hwy 34 flooded out, it was miserable. So much rain, thought it would never stop.