3 Inch Fletch Brand?

Shammy

FNG
Quick question for you guys. I'm looking to fletch all my arrows with 3inch feathers / 4 fletches per arrow. Can anyone recommend a good brand of feather for this setup??? Thanks and if you have picks of your set up that would be awesome!

Last edited:

oldgoat

WKR
I've never seen 3" fletches for sale I don't think, you can buy a lil chopper from 3rivers and chop your own, a little bit more costly upfront but cheaper down the line buying full length feathers, you can get 2-3 chopped feathers, use a rubber or wooden mallet to do the pounding

I've used about every size feather, vane configuration you can think of (1956 is when I bought my 1st real bow & joined organized archery). Always with 125 gr. 3 blade fixed the last 45 years. Currently this year is 2 1/2" Razors, 3 fletch & 3" Parobolic, 3 fletch & 3 fletch blazers too. 6 each & all shoot the same (I sight in thru 60 yds but 40 is my personal max hunting). YES, I have used 4 fletch 3" & Blazers & see no differeance or advantage. I used 4" 4 fletch for several years. I use these out of compound 60#s now (used to be 70#s) & also 50# Longbow on occassion. I use the same set up for all my 3-D, Field & Target shooting too. If you have the proper spine & decent tune they will fly like bullets.

Kentucky

WKR
Gateway have quality issues, Trueflight are always good. Ozark is where it’s at for me… cheaper that trueflight, all the quality, and options for whatever you wanna do.. they have a 3” target maxx feather I’ll be trying next

I’ve been a fan of truefight when I’m shooting feathers (I generally use tradvanes for hunting though). Razr feathers also work well if you have a well-tuned setup

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve been a fan of truefight when I’m shooting feathers (I generally use tradvanes for hunting though). Razr feathers also work well if you have a well-tuned setup
I’ve been using trad vanes for about 1.5 years.. going back to feathers… I like trad vanes, but still randomly having adhesion issues… I don’t need that in my life..and feathers look cooler…looking cool is just as important as arrow weight..😉

I run a 5” on a 3-fletch or 4” on a 4-fletch, but I shoot a 2” cut Simmons broadhead and get better flight with those two setups. I feel that I get more consistency overall from the 4-fletch.
I tried some 3” feathers/4-fletch on a few arrows but didn’t like the results.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I use Gateway 3" shield cut. I haven't found the quality to be any different than Trueflight. I usually end up culling 3 or 4 feathers out of 50 of either brand.