3 pin slider bow sights?

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the market for a new sight. I was just seeing if anybody has one and what their thoughts are on the 3 pin slider. Is their any regrets or a different sight you'd rather have? I see their are 5 pin sliders out their but i personally don't know anyone that shoots with one. I think the 3 pin would cover most of the game i'd hunt "tree stand whitetails, mulies in the badlands, and elk out west". Just looking for some opinions.

I have a cbe tek hybrid 3 pin that I really like but I wouldn't mind trying a 4 pin. Definitely nice to be able to dial to a distance but still know you can shoot to 40 without dialing. The one sight that I wouldn't mind trying is the spot hogg double pin.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy

WKR
I've been shooting the MGB 3pin ascent for the last 2 years. Love the sight, it's an extremely robust design. Shooting an early 2000 era bow, I am able to get out to 110 yards with my 472 gr arrows at about 260 fps. I use the center pin as my floater so my top and bottom pins bracket and I can use them as reference.

I just picked up a 2017 new-to-me bow and am in the same decision making process with a new sight. I really like the 2 pin spot hogg idea but that exposed gear rack makes me extremely hesitant to commit. I'll probably end up with another MGB but I can't decide on whether or not I want to try out a single pin. I'd be fine with it if I only hunted mulies, but the idea of having a bull come in hot has me concerned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thess87

WKR
MBG assent verdict 3 pin for me passed 45 if I don’t have time to dial then I don’t have enough time to make the shot.

Trial153

WKR
I have an ascent verdict as well, actually two of them.
I go all green .19, .19 and 10.
I float my middle pin

WJS23

WKR
I used a 3 pin hog father for years and liked it a lot but I switched last year to the dubble pin hog father just to change things up

I have two 3 pin MBG Ascent sights. I used a 20/30 pin and my bottom pin on 0.10 and my floater and set for 50. I just sight in with that pin in the middle to slightly below middle of the housing and it dials great. I’ve shot as far as 130 and beyond that I start hitting my housing

coyyota

WKR
I have 5 pin Pure Adrenaline all .19 pins. Way to much going on in sight picture. Wish I would have went with 3 pin .19, .19, .10. Messed up going w 5 pins. Otherwise it’s been a solid sight.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Good thread. I have a Fast Eddie XL double pin, zero complaints with it, but am (always) looking at other options.

Not an archery expert but I shot a 5 pin fixed my first two seasons. 20-30-40-50-60. I wanted more range for practice and 3D than that so .I tried a single pin slider before my 3rd season. Didn’t work for me so swapped it before season. Went with a 3 pin slider and shot it for a season 20-30-40/slider. I ran into issues dialing a longer shot. Fortunately a clean miss but not ideal. Sent the sight back to add two more ones and shot it this year. Top pin gets me 20 and under. 30-40-50-60 yards get me out beyond any hunting shot I care to take. I can dial 60 plus to train long distance and shoot some longer 3D. I am glad I tried a few options. 5 pin slider is where I am staying.

IdahoHntr

WKR
I went to a 3 pin slider a couple years ago and it by far has been my favorite. I don't like all the clutter of the extra pins. With todays faster bows I set mine up a little different than most the people here do though. I did 30-40-50. There is hardly a difference of impact using my 30 yard pin at 20 yards. I practice shooting yardages from 5-60 without dialing all summer long so when I hit the woods, I really don't have to worry about dialing. I killed my bull at 50 this year and if I would have had to dial I wouldn't have killed him. Dialing is definitely a great practice tool though. Nothing like dropping arrows in at a 100+ to give you the confidence to make a much shorter shot in crunch time.

Stilpr

Lil-Rokslider
i was about to ask the same question as the original post. thanks everyone for your input on this!

Lawnboi

WKR
Fast Eddie 3 pin here, also have the double pin and am thinking of throwing it back on.

Also have a MBG verdict 3 pin. Greatly prefer the Hogg.

Definetly don’t need any more pins personally

lintond

WKR
I’ve ran a MBG 5 pin fixed, MBG single pin, MBG 3 pin slider, Fast Eddie double pin, and now am back to a Fast Eddie 3 pin slider. I set mine up 30-40-50 and float the bottom pin which gives me the most available travel.

Personally I think 3 pins gives you a great balance of which shooting for mid range and versatility for longer range.

Just remember to set your dial back to “home base” or all your pins will be off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Fast Eddie 3 pin here, also have the double pin and am thinking of throwing it back on.

Also have a MBG verdict 3 pin. Greatly prefer the Hogg.

Definetly don’t need any more pins personally

Care to share why you prefer the Hogg more? My bow shop currently doesn't have the spott hogs in stock at the moment.