3 pin slider bow sights?

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
I have the MBG Ascent 3 pin slider, nice sight, well constructed, like all MBG stuff. I like slider sights, but actually prefer single pin sliders. With the 5 pins, I really don't know what purpose the "slider" serves. I like the single pins because of the less cluttered sight picture. The 3 pin for me is a bit of a compromise.

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't like mine at all. A lot of play in the head. Sight won't stay put, even when locked. Not as much travel in the head as a CBE. I really liked my Axcel fixed pin sight, very disappointed in the Accutouch.
I was kind of looking at this sight. That's good to know, do you think it's possible you just got a bad one? I have read some (very limited) reviews on it, and they were positive, but didn't go into any details.

I have one. I came down to the spott Hogg, mbg and accutouch when I built my last bow in 2017. I went accel in part due to some feedback from gritty bowman. Brian was even kind enough to answer some questions via email. We have been pen pals ever since.

No real issues. Customer service on swapping from 3 pin to 5 pin was good.

Sight is elegant maybe a little dainty and seems to work well for me. I think mine might have a bit of play in it. I am going to resight it and really ring it out when I get some time and decent weather later this year.

My only real complaints so far are the light transmission in the fiber optics isn’t good. I took the cover off and tired 3 different sight lights and none really glow like my other sight does. It the end of the world but maybe a consideration if you are hunting low light or have bad vision.

Other gripe is the zero stop brackets are a little delicate. Not clear to me that some of them haven’t shot a little loose. Some of my zeros were off last season. I chalked it up to string stretch as I had my bow restrung too close to opening day But it looks like some of the brackets were a little loose and had walked off the register marks I put on the tape.

Overall I am pleased but the build doesn’t feel as solid as a spott Hogg. If I were going for tried and true I might go hog.

I didn't like mine at all. A lot of play in the head. Sight won't stay put, even when locked. Not as much travel in the head as a CBE. I really liked my Axcel fixed pin sight, very disappointed in the Accutouch.
Good to know. I really like my Armortech. I figured the quality would be similar. Think I am going to stick with what I know for now, but would eventually like to try a slider.

jmez

WKR
I was kind of looking at this sight. That's good to know, do you think it's possible you just got a bad one? I have read some (very limited) reviews on it, and they were positive, but didn't go into any details.

I don't think it is just a bad one. I sent mine back to Axcel, they replaced some things on the head and it didn't help.

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the update. It's an expensive sight. I don't mind paying for quality, but to spend that kind of $$$ on something, and have it be "loose" just wouldn't cut it for me.

Gunnar19

FNG
I’ve been shooting a 5 pin slider, a sure loc version for 10 years. I love the versatility. If a quick shot presents itself I feel comfortable shooting to 60 with my fixed pins. If time allows over 40 I can dial it in. I’m switching to a sport Hogg fast Eddie xl right now because they are absolutely bullet proof, nothing against MBG, I just liked the dove tail bar and rotary dial.

njbowhntr

FNG
Another MBG Ascent Verdict 3 pin user here. Been using one for a couple years. I like have the 20-30-40 yard pins and then adjust from there. My hunting shots are generally under 30 yards, NJ whitetails. But love the adjust ability for honing my form. And the pin brightness on an MBG is amazing, never need a sight light.

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
I run the 3 CBE 3 pin slider. love the sight and easy to set up. I did away with the 20 pin and and have a 30 / 40 / 50 pin and slide for anything beyond 50. I hunt out west and with a new flatter shooting bow the difference between my 20 and 30 was very minimal lol if I hunted out of tree stands I probably would keep my 20 but I'm smelly and loud so I don't seem to get close enough to waste a pin on it ;) haha

ShakeDown

WKR
MBG Ascent Verdict 3 pin w/ 6” dovetail. Middle pin floats.

A quick story on MBG customer service. I was heading home from the range one day and was rear ended pretty bad. My bow flew off my back seat and the sight smacked my center console. The “dial of death” broke on my sight. I just about lost my stuff, I think I was more upset about my sight than my truck!

I contacted MBG and they had me ship it out. Not only did they replace that piece, they also replaced my dovetail base, which had some minor cosmetic damage, with a new unit. No charge.

Top notch CS and definitely bought my loyalty.

I have an ascent verdict as well, actually two of them.
I go all green .19, .19 and 10.
I float my middle pin

Floating the middle pin is actually a good idea, it gives you a quick reference adjustment if you dial in and the target drifts closer or farther before the shot is made.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Floating the middle pin is actually a good idea, it gives you a quick reference adjustment if you dial in and the target drifts closer or farther before the shot is made.
Here's another benefit of the MGB. I put the other half of my tape on the outside and made a crappy pointer out of brass shim stock. As I move my middle pin down, it give me a reference for my top and bottom. Example: move my main pointer to 56. My secondary is now at 48. So my bottom should now be about 64.

Kinda cool if you have a bunch of shooting lanes in that range. Allows you to be a little more accurate splitting pins if you need to.
2b8840df977d0b7525d435d254a6d06a.jpg
c9b7e33d01f08ffc6fc1e59f70cac876.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have the MBG ascent verdict 5 pin and like it a lot. Don’t really intend on sliding it in a hunting situation (save a situation with perfect conditions and a lot of time) but it’s nice to have for practice. Keep in mind that it’s pretty easy to add/remove pins so you could always buy the 5 pin and then pull two out to make a three pin if you decided you didn’t like it. I don’t think there’s much of a price difference but I could be wrong.

Gumbo

WKR
I shoot 6 pins, both moveable (MBG Ascent Verdict) and fixed (SH Hunter). I find this configuration to maximize simplicity when hunting (I limit myself to 70 yards, plus a couple), maximize pin effectiveness for both distance and light gathering, and allow me to shoot longer ranges in practice (although I rarely shoot longer than 100 and most of my practicing is at 70 yards). I haven't tried a single, double, or triple pin sight, but based my hunting and shooting experience there is no way I would be happy with it. But to each their own, I simply don't have issues with clutter at my bow speed (280ish) or determining which pin to use (because I always go GGYGGR). The last thing I want is to have to move my sight or use kentucky windage when hunting. With a 6-pin system I can quickly and efficiently shoot any distance accurately in the field out to 70 yards (plus a couple because the top of my bubble is set at 80 yards).

Gumbo

WKR
Only up side to the MBG is the photochromatic shell.

I have one of these and question its effectiveness. I feel most of the light is gathered on the back side of the pin where the fiber is completely exposed. I bet that if the pins were built like a SH they would be about the same brightness. But maybe I'm wrong, all I know is that the MBG pins are too bright when backlit.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a MBG 3 pin slider and have no reason to change. Bottom pin is .10 and anything beyond 40 I have enough time to dial in distance. There are people who will custom make your sight also if your looking to get something different. S&S Archery has a custom build option on their site where you can select #of pins and pin size and a bunch of other stuff if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk