3 Rivers Dynamic Spine Calculator

GregB

WKR
Has anyone used the dynamic spine calculator on the #Rivers Archery site, if so how accurate is it? It was telling me for 57# at 28" shelf cut 3/16 past center, with a 30" arrow and 200 grain broadhead total weight 580-600 grains I would need a 250-300 spine arrow. This called for a stiffer spine than I was expecting to use. If you have a similar set up with your bow and arrows what spine are you using?

Zak1215

FNG
I used it, thought the suggestion was to stiff, but went ahead with its suggestion.

The arrows were to stiff. In the future I’m going to be buying the test kits.

sndmn11

WKR
It has been spot on for me in every instance. Some consideration needs to be given to the length of your inserts as a long insert effectively reduces the amount of available shaft to flex. You also need to be very honest about your actual draw length and weight.

GLB

WKR
I use it. I think it gets you close. For one of my recurves 53 lbs I shoot CE 250 28.5" 100 grain insert and 150 BH.

Beendare

WKR
It gets me close. I've measured my setups to a knats azz...and its still is just a little off. No surpise; How would it account for my ILF setup that has some super efficient limbs...and some not as efficient?

YankyMate

FNG
I've used it a couple times, it's fairly accurate but seems to run stiff in my experience. I always double check my results with the manufacturers chart.

OP
G

GregB

WKR
Thanks for the input. I think I'll buy a few different individual shafts and see which works the best. Then I'll have to start a Which Arrow Should I choose thread.