3 Rivers weight tube in an Easton Carbon Legacy

Titan_Bow

WKR
Anyone done this? I’m currently shooting 500’s with a 150gr point and they fly perfect. The only problem is they are on the light side and I would like to add weight without messing with changing up spine or point weight.
I saw that the 500 has an inside diameter of .244. The weight tubes come in 9/32 which is .281.
Anyone messed with these by sanding the tube down to fit? I tried the weed eater line trick once way way back and could never get them not to rattle. Anyone got this to work with Legacy Carbons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fjtoyman

FNG
I have. I made up some 340 spine to test out. With the weight tubes I’m above 600 grains.
You can also use rope or bailing twine to increase weight. As long as you don’t jam the shaft full or tight you will not affect the spine. Hth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I used the heavy weight tubes but matched them to the inside dia of the shaft to bulk up a water buff arrow. Call 3 rivers and they will tell you if they fit.

worth noting, its best to glue them in so they dont blow out your inserts and noks.

They work great…
C2F1FE2A-096D-439C-8607-6A01F2422A59.jpeg

oldgoat

WKR
It affects a lot more than just total weight when you go filling up arrows with stuff. I'd do it on the cheap with some Paracord, and see how they fly. I did it once on an arrow that was probably around 12% foc, it flew through the air like a snake, I calculated the foc and it had lowered to almost zero and the arrows flew like sh!t! I think you would be money and frustration ahead to just buy a heavier gpi shaft, that's my 2 cents and opinion!

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
It affects a lot more than just total weight when you go filling up arrows with stuff. I'd do it on the cheap with some Paracord, and see how they fly. I did it once on an arrow that was probably around 12% foc, it flew through the air like a snake, I calculated the foc and it had lowered to almost zero and the arrows flew like sh!t! I think you would be money and frustration ahead to just buy a heavier gpi shaft, that's my 2 cents and opinion!

Thanks, I will play around with something like that before committing. I've shot woodies for so long, just don't have a ton of experience with carbons. These things are really dialed in for my setup, I would just prefer another 150-200gr of weight. Right now they are about 425 grains total, but I have shot some 575 grain woodies through the same bow and its so much quieter, thats why I really started thinking about trying this.

oldgoat

WKR
Thanks, I will play around with something like that before committing. I've shot woodies for so long, just don't have a ton of experience with carbons. These things are really dialed in for my setup, I would just prefer another 150-200gr of weight. Right now they are about 425 grains total, but I have shot some 575 grain woodies through the same bow and its so much quieter, thats why I really started thinking about trying this.
I just looked, you don't live far away, I could loan you some .400 spine to play with, don't have any heavy gpi 500's though

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
Thanks for the offer, I have some different shafts laying around I can experiment with, I might do that. I think I will play with filling one of these first and see if that does or does not affect the spine

sneaky

"DADDY"
Woodies of the same weight, say 575gr, will always be quieter than a 575gr carbon or aluminum because of their solid mass. There's no hollow voids in them to amplify sound like in other shaft styles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
Woodies of the same weight, say 575gr, will always be quieter than a 575gr carbon or aluminum because of their solid mass. There's no hollow voids in them to amplify sound like in other shaft styles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

But a 575gr carbon will also be quieter than a 425gr carbon :p

ledflight

WKR
Yep,I played with this to quiet my arrows down, I used weed-wacker line. Added about 60 grains, so from 560 to 620, out of my 56lb A&H. It was quieter, but then I hit a stump, the nock exploded out. I guess I could have glued it, but based on the unloaded arrow's performance it all seemed unnecessary.